Serena Awakens

Chapter 14

The healers gathered around Serena checking her vital signs. One of the healers spoke, "Her heart rate is up, breathing good and pulse is up. Everything is coming back to normal." Hearing this made Loki's heart glad. Slowly Serena started opening up her eyes and the first person she saw was Loki looking down at her. Serena tried to speak, "W...W...What happened. W....W....Where am...I. I....don't rem....Loki stopped her from speaking by putting his finger on her lips. Loki told her, . "Shh...Serena. Everything is going to be alright now. Just rest." Loki smiled down at Serena with tears in his eyes, happy tears. Thor put his hand on Loki's shoulder again and said, "I told you brother that you just have to have faith." Thor continues, "I'll go and tell mother and Sif that Serena's awake and trying to talk. Oh, I will also tell father." Loki looked up at Thor confused, "What do you mean, "tell father?" Thor told Loki, "Father knows about you and Serena being in love with each other." Loki questioned Thor, "He does? When did he find out?" Thor tells Loki, "You may not remember because you were out of it but mother told father how you felt about Serena. Father was going to get mad at you because you neglected your royal duties to stay with Serena. So mother told him about you and Serena." Loki asked Thor, "What did father say?" Thor said, "He just asked if Serena felt the same about you and mother told him "yes". Loki asked Thor, "So father's not mad?" Thor answered, "Not that I can tell."

Then Thor left to go and tell the good news about Serena to his mother, Sif and his father. A short while later, they all came down to check on Serena. Queen Frigga told Serena, "Oh my dear, you are awake. I'm so happy." Sif said, "Me too. You had me so worried." When Odin came into the healing room, everyone bowed. Odin went over to Serena and told her, "I'm glad you are ok Serena." Serena just nodded her head 'yes". Odin asked the healers, "How soon will she be on her feet?" Before the healer could speak, Loki interrupted by saying, "Really father! Is that ALL you care about, is how soon she'll be on her feet so she can serve as your Elite Guard! I can't believe you father! Serena almost died!" Serena reached out her hand to Loki to try and calm him and Loki took her hand. Odin saw this interaction between Serena and Loki, and it told him what he needed to know. Odin raises his hand to silence Loki. Then Odin tells him, "I was just curious, my son. Since you and Serena have to stand before me and tell me of your feelings for each other to make it official before you start to court." Loki then apologizes to his father, "I'm sorry father. I ...I thought ...." Odin speaks to his son, "There is no reason to apologize. I understand completely. You were just trying to protect the one you."