The New Elite Guard

Chapter 3

As Odin was announcing the new Elite Guards, the auburn-haired young woman held her breath in anticipation for her name to hopefully be called. Finally, Odin said, "And the last name to join the Elite Guard is a very powerful and skilled warrior, Serena of Asgard." Serena had a big smile on her face and so did Sif because she knew all of those hours of training paid off. Odin said, "Attention my "new" Elite Guards, you will go with my current Elite Guards to your new chambers here in the palace." Then Odin tapes his staff, Gungnir, on the ground as a sign of proclaiming his order to be final and binding. The Elite Guards escorted the "new" Elite Guards to their new chambers. Sif walked beside Serena and whispered, "I knew you could do it." Serena whispers back, "Thanks to your training." Sif just smiled at Serena.

Loki finally learned the name of the auburn-haired beauty. Loki just had to get to know her better. So Loki decided he was going to introduce himself to Serena. As Sif was taking Serena to her chambers, Loki approached them. Loki said, "Hi Sif and who might this be?" Of course, he already knew who Serena was, but he didn't want Sif to know. Sif didn't know why Loki was playing mind games, when he must have known who Serena was, since he and Thor were at the announcements of the "new" Elite Guards. Sif saw them standing by the All Father, so she couldn't quite put her finger on why Loki was acting this way.

Loki waited for Sif to introduce Serena to him. Sif finally said, "Prince Loki this is Serena, one of our "new" Elite Guards." Loki then bowed before Serena and said, "It's an honor to meet you, Serena." Serena bowed before Loki and said, "The honor is mine, Prince Loki." Loki said," Please call me Loki, Prince Loki is much too formal. You are one of us now." Serena said, "Thank you Prin...I mean Loki." Loki smiled at Serena. Sif was beginning to get the impression that Loki had feelings for Serena, which could cause trouble for them, if the All Father finds out. Sif knew this because when Thor admitted his feelings for her, the All Father at first objected to the idea of a prince having feelings for an Elite Guard even though she was the captain of the Elite Guard but between Thor, Queen Frigga and herself, they finally convince the All Father to accept it but it took a while to get through to him. Sif didn't want Serena to go through all of that but IF it was true, then she would help Serena anyway she could.