Loki Finds Out About Odin's Refusal

Chapter 27

Thor turned around to see Loki standing there. Thor asked Loki, "How long have you been standing there?" Loki says, "Not long. Just long enough to hear you say you hope I didn't find something out." Thor replied, "Well, I guess I had better tell you. Serena came to father to ask him to release her from the Elite Guard." Loki said, "I know she was coming to talk to him. We had a discussion about it before she came here." Thor asked, "But did you know the answer?" Loki replied, "No. I haven't seen her since this morning." Thor took a deep sigh and told Loki, "Loki, father refused her. He won't let her out of the Elite Guards." Loki's eyes got big and asked Thor, "What do you mean HE WON'T release her from the Elite Guards! Even though he gave us his blessing to be together. Thor answered, "Yes, that's right." Loki got mad and he stormed towards Odin's throne room, but the Royal Guards tried to stop him. One of the guards said, "You may not enter Prince Loki." Loki just stared at them and then his hands started glowing green. Thor exclaimed, "No, Loki!" But it was too late he had already used his magic, knocking the Royal Guards down. Thor yells at Loki, "Loki what are you doing!' Loki responded, "I'm going to talk to my father! Now get out of my way! Thor told Loki, 'I'm going with you." Sif also replied, "So I'm I!" So all three went into Odin's throne room.

Odin saw his sons and Sif walking towards him at a fast pace. Loki was the first one to reach Odin's throne. Loki asked Odin, "Is it true?!" Odin askes, "Is WHAT TRUE my son?" Loki was getting angrier by the minute. Loki replied, "You KNOW what I mean." Odin asked calmly, "Are you referring to me refusing Serena's request to leave from the Elite Guards?" Loki said, "YOU KNOW that's what I'm talking about?!" Odin responded, "I can tell you are upset, my son." Loki asked, "Why shouldn't I be. You promise that we will be together." Odin replied, "And I have kept my promise to you and Serena. You are allowed to be seen together as a couple without anyone saying anything to you BUT I DID NOT promise to release her from the Elite Guards." Loki grows even angrier and exclaims, "How do you expect us to be together when Sereana will be training with the Elite Guards OR going on missions!" Odin said, "Yes, she will be training everyday but NOT all day long and we don't have many missions for her to go on. So, I don't see the problem." Loki gets loud with his father, "The problem is she could die this time. Instead of being severely injured!" Loki continues, "You are not being fair to me and Serena, father!" All of this commotion caught the attention of Queen Frigga. Frigga enters the throne room and hears the argument between Odin and Loki. Queen Frigga steps into the throne room and yells, "STOP!" Everyone looks at Frigga. Frigga speaks to everyone, "WHAT is going on here?" Loki was the first to speak, "Mother, father has gone back on his word for Serena and me to be together." Frigga asks Odin, "Is this true husband?" Odin reptiles, "Loki is upset because I declined Serena's request to leave the Elite Guard." Frigga asked Odin, "Why did you deny her request, Odin? You gave your blessing for Loki and Serena to be together."

Odin answers, "Yes, BUT NOT her leaving the Elite Guard." Frigga said, "It should have been obvious that Loki wanted Serena to quit the Elite Guard due to what happened last time. Odin, I want you to change your mind about Serena staying in the Elite Guards." Odin responds, "And what if I don't?" Frigga said, "Then tonight at the Royal Banquet, you will be sitting by yourself because I WON'T BE THERE!" Odin exclaimed, "You wouldn't dare disgrace me like that!" Frigga said, "Oh wouldn't I, Odin? Then YOU will have to explain to ALL of Asgard as to why your queen isn't sitting beside you. Then ALL of Asgard will know that their king/All Father is a liar!" Odin got quiet for a while.