Trying To Regain Her Strength

Chapter 19

Loki went back to Serena's chambers to tell her what his mother said. Loki knocked on Serena's door but didn't get an answer. Loki started to get worried. What if she fell and got hurt again? So, Loki turned the doorknob and found that it was unlocked. Loki went inside looking around for Serena. He saw the chair that Serena was sitting in before he left. It was now empty. So, Loki went into Serena's bedroom and found her laying on the bed. Loki went over to Serena's bed and gently put his hand on her shoulder. Then called out to her, "Serena, Serena are you ok?" Finally, Serena started to move a little. Oh, thank the gods, she's only sleeping Loki thought to himself. Slowly Serena opened her eyes and when she saw Loki standing over her it kind of startled her at first. "Oh, Loki, it's you." Serena said. Loki replied, "Yes, it's me. I knocked on your door but you didn't answer. So, I let myself in because I was worried about you." Serena smiled rubbing her eyes, "I got tired of sitting in the chair and decided to go to bed. I must have fallen asleep." Serena continues, "Did you talk to your mother?" Loki replied, "Yes I did, She's going to talk to my father about us wanting to start our courtship." Loki continues, "Mother was concerned about you NOT beginning at full strength. I told her that I would keep an eye on you." Serena asked, "She doesn't think I can manage?" Lok said, "No, baby, mother is just worried about you. She doesn't want you to reinjure yourself. That's all." Serena replied, "Oh, I see." Serena asks Loki, "Do you think your mother can get through to the All Father?" Loki answered, "I'm almost positive. Mother can be very persuasive when she has to be. I have to admit it but I'm a little worried about you too. Are you sure you are up to walking and standing that long?" Serena responded, "I believe I can. That's why I've been trying to sit and stand up for long periods at a time." Loki remarked, "I know, you were sitting up when I left but when I came back you were laying down" Serena responded, "I just got tired that's all." Loki expresses his concerns to Serena, "That's what I'm talking about, darling. You couldn't even sit up for a long time."

Serena was quiet for a moment. Then finally asked Loki, "Do you think we need to wait before going to see the All Father?" Loki answers Serena, "Yes and no. Yes, I think you need more rest BUT no because I want us to be together. The sooner the better but not if it means you might reinjure yourself. I would never put you through that because I care too much about you." Serena said sadly, "It's too bad the All Father couldn't bless our courtship here in my bedroom, but I know it's against royal protocol." Loki couldn't bear to see Serena so upset. Loki got to thinking, maybe his father would consider doing the blessing of him and Serena since she is not strong enough to walk to the throne room. Loki tells Serena, "Maybe mother could talk father into coming in here and performing the courtship ceremony." Serena said, "The queen has already done so much for us. We can't possibly ask any more of her, Loki" Loki made the comment, "Mother doesn't mind. She knows how we feel about each other. So, I'm sure she would be happy to help us out any way she could." Serena smiled at Loki.