Getting Odin's Blessing

Chapter 18

Loki went to his mother's chambers to talk to her about seeing his father. Loki knocked on his mother's door and Sonia came to the door and Loki asked to see his mother. Sonia replied, "Of course, your majesty. Follow me sire." Sonia announced Loki to Frigga. "Your majesty, your son, Prince Loki is here to see you." Frigga said, "Admit him." Sonia tells Loki, "Your majesty, your mother will see you now." Frigga embraced her son in a big hug. Frigga asked Loki, "How is Serena doing today?" Loki answers his mother, "She's better mother but still a little weak. In fact, that's why I've come to see you." Frigga asked Loki, "What can I do for you and Serena?" Loki responded, "Mother, I think Serena is ready to go before my father to get his blessing." Frigga asked Loki, "Are you sure she's strong enough to stand up long enough for Odin to pass his blessing?" Loki answers, "I told Serena that IF she gets tired or weak then I would carry or hold her. Frigga advised Loki, "Maybe you need to wait a while until Serena's stronger." Loki replied, "We don't want to wait any longer, mother. We want father's approval and blessing now." Frigga sighed, "Very well, my son. I will talk to your father about this, but I must warn you son, if Serena should fall again, she could reinjured herself and that could be fatal." Loki said, "Don't worry mother, I won't leave her side." Frigga nodded her head "yes." Then she and Loki left her chambers. Frigga went to talk to Odin and Loki went back to Serena chambers.

Frigga went to Odin's throne room; he was sitting on his golden throne discussing the war with Vanaheim and what happened. Frigga approached the throne and all of the men bowed before Frigga. The captain of the Royal Guards addresses Frigga, "Your majesty, please excuse us from all of this talk about the war." Frigga replied, "I need to speak to the All Father." All of the men bowed before their queen and then left. Odin asked, "What is the matter my queen?" Frigga answered, "Nothing is wrong but there is something quite right." Odin said, "I'm listening, my queen." Frigga spoke to Odin, "Our son is ready to admit his love for Serena." Odin raised an eyebrow and spoke, "Is Serena READY? The last I heard she still wasn't at full strength and still very weak. How will she be able to stand long enough for my speech on the Royal Courtship rules?" Frigga answered her king, "Loki said he would hold her up or carry her if need be because they are ready to start their courtship." Odin replied, "I think Serena needs more rest BEFORE she comes and stands before me." Frigga pleaded with her king, "Odin, my king they wish to start their courtship. Is that so wrong?" Odin replied, "No, it's NOT wrong but I feel like she needs more rest before taking on this meeting." Frigga pleads, "Odin, please. They are so much in love; can't you find it in your heart to permit them your council?' Odin thought about what his queen had said.