The Night Of The Royal Banquet

Chapter 30

Tonight, was the big night of the Royal Banquet. Everyone had arrived at the banquet EXCEPT for Serena. Loki asked Sif, "Where is Serena? I hope she didn't change her mind about coming because I would be greatly upset with my father." Just then Sif saw Serena enter the grand hall. Serena wasn't wearing either of the gowns that she and Loki picked out. Instead, she wore a completely different gown. The gown was light blue with a hint of purple at the bottom of the gown, the top of the dress had fabric that crisscrossed around her breast, there were a lacey piece of fabric that covered from her underneath her breasts to down her stomach, the back was very low-cut and had lace that covered from her shoulders to the lower part of her back, all of the lace was see through material, just enough to show a little bit of her skin, it also had two pieces of material hanging from her wrists that held up the sides of the gown. Loki's eyes got big. He couldn't believe his eyes that Serena wore such a revealing gown. He liked it a lot. However, Odin didn't. He thought it was distasteful and insulting to the crown, not knowing Loki had the gown made for Serena. Odin leaned over to Frigga and said, "Look what Serena's wearing? It's absolutely disgraceful and insulting. How could she wear something like that to the Royal Banquet." Frigga replied, "I think she looks absolutely beautiful and stunning." Odin replied, "How can you say that my queen. She's showing off way too much skin." Frigga replied, "Yes, I know. Loki did a great job having all of her gowns made." Odin raised his eyebrow, "You mean LOKI HAD that gown made for Serena?" Frigga answered, "Yes, he had a lot of gowns made especially for her and that's just one of them." Odin was in disbelief that his own son would have a gown like that made for the Royal Banquet. Odin said, "Why would "our" son have a gown like that made for the Banquet."

Sif tells Loki, "Well, don't just stand here like a dummy. Go to her." Loki smiled at Sif. Then he walked over to Serena. Loki said, "Darling, you look absolutely beautiful. I love the gown you choose. I love the way Madison put your hair up." Serena's hair was long with soft curls surrounding her face. Loki took Serena into his arms and kissed her. Then took her by the hand and led her to the dance floor. Loki put his arms around Serena as they danced. Serena got shivers when she felt Loki's hands on her back through to the lace, since the lace was so thin, she could almost feel his hands on her bare skin. Serena looked down when she saw the All Father staring at her angrily. Loki noticed Serena's reaction when Odin was staring at her. Loki asked, "Serena, is everything ok?" Serena replied, looking at the floor "Yes, I'm fine." Loki knew that something was wrong and that she was lying but he didn't want to read her mind to find out. Loki asked Serena again, "Baby, what's wrong? Please tell me so I can help you." Serena was quiet for a while. Loki raised Serena's chin up so he could look into her eyes. Loki said, "Serena." Serena finally said, "I don't think the All Father approves of my choice of gowns. He keeps staring at me with disgust and anger." Loki looked up at his father and saw what Serena was talking about. Loki tells Serena, "Darling, go over there with Thor and Sif. I need to talk to my father." Serena exclaimed, "Oh no Loki, don't do that, it will cause trouble between you and your father." Loki put his hand back under her chin and replied, "Don't worry about it." Then he kisses her. Loki repeated, "Now go over there with Thor and Sif." Serena did as Loki asked and went to stand beside Thor and Sif.