Getting Odin's Blessing

Chapter 21

Serena got up out of the chair and started walking around her room. Loki was right beside her in case she got weak, so he could grab her. Just then there was a knock at the door, Serena was walking to the door with Loki right by her side. There was another knock on the door. Serena said, "I'll be there in a minute." When she reached the door, she opened it and there stood Frigga and Odin. Serena exclaimed, "Your majesties, I am sorry it took me so long to come to the door." Frigga replied, "Oh, dear we understand." Odin responded, "I'm glad to see you are walking around, Serena and with the help of Loki." Serena replied, "Yes, your majesty, Loki didn't want me to fall. So, that's why he's walking beside me," Odin tells Serena, "You don't have to explain anything to me, Serena. My queen has already informed me of your condition." Loki asked Odin, "What do you want, father?" Odin asked Loki, "Didn't you want me to come and bless this courtship?" Loki and Serena's eyes got big and Loki asked, "I don't understand father. You said you couldn't help us out because it goes against royal protocol, remember?"

Odin replied, "Yes, son, I remember but as your mother reminded me, I make the rules of Asgard, so I can also "bend them" in certain cases just like this one." Loki asked his father, "Does this mean you agree to give us your blessing here instead of your throne room?" Odin answered his son, "Yes, it does, my son." Serena started feeling weak in the knees and Loki noticed it. So, he picked Serena up in his strong arms and carried her over to her bed. Then lay her down on it. Odin watched how loving and caring he took care of Serena. He handled her with such gentleness. It made Odin's heart proud of how his son had grown up to be a real man. He was no longer that selfish child that he once knew a long time ago. Odin was indeed proud of Loki for his frozen heart had finally thawed and blossomed into something beautiful. Yes, Odin was truly proud of his youngest son's change of heart.