Loki Tells Serena How He Feels

Chapter 9

The Asgard gardens were in full bloom with all sorts of different flowers, which consisted of a different color of roses, tulips, dahlias, lilacs, sweet violets and carnations and many other beautiful flowers. It was very romantic. There were stone benches scattered throughout the garden. Loki took Serena by the hand and led her to one of the stone benches that were located deep in the gardens. Loki motioned for Serena to sit down on one of the benches. Serena sat down on the bench then Loki sat down beside her. Loki looked into Serena's eyes and got lost in her blue eyes. She had the bluest eyes that he had ever seen. For a moment Loki was lost for words. Serena broke the silence between them, "What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Loki realized that he had been staring at Serena for too long. Loki finally said, "I'm sorry Serena, I was thinking about something else." Serena asked, "Was it about what you were going to tell me?" Loki said, "Yes, it was. I was thinking about how to tell you." Serena said, "Just tell me I'm sure I can handle whatever it is." Loki took a deep sigh and finally said, "Serena, I've been waiting to tell you how I feel about you." Serena's eyes got big and said, "What do you mean how you feel about me?" Loki took Serena's hands into his own and finally said, "Serena, I've fallen in love with you." Serena couldn't speak. She was in shock at what Loki had said. He loved her. Loki noticed her silence and started to get the feeling that maybe he stepped out of line. Serena finally said, "Did I hear you right, Loki?" You love me?" Loki said, "Yes, I do. Serena, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen." Serena smiled shyly and said, "But why me? I'm not a princess. I'm just a nobody." Loki said, "Don't say that about yourself. You are everything to me. I don't want you to ever say that again because YOU ARE somebody. You're the woman that I love." Serena lowered her head in a shy manner. Loki put his hand underneath Serena's chin and lifted her face up to his. Then he bent down and gently kissed her.

The kiss took Serena completely off guard. It was a sweet gentle kiss but a very intimate one. Loki raised his head up and looked Serena in the eyes and asked, "Does that feel real to you?" Serena looked at Loki in the eyes and said, "Yes, that felt real enough but I don't understand it. Why would you want to be with a nobody....Loki looks at Serena which made Serena stop in mid-sentence. "I mean, I'm just an Elite Guard. I'm not royal material." Loki said, "You are royalty because you are a part of Odin's Elite Guard, just like the Royal Guards are." Serena stood up and turned her back to Loki, then she said, "Loki, you deserve better than just an Elite Guard. You deserve to be with a princess, which I am not." Loki stood up behind Serena and put his hands on Serena's shoulders, which sent chills through Serena's body. Oh, the feel of his hands on her was absolutely amazing. Loki turned Serena around, so she was facing him. Then he said, "Your royalty enough for me." Then he kissed her deeply. Loki slipped his tongue inside of Serena's mouth, which shocked her. She wanted to push him away but another part of her didn't. Loki coaxed Serena into kissing him back. Before long Serena was kissing Loki in the same manner, with her tongue in his mouth. Once Serena realized what she had done, she quickly pulled away from Loki. Loki asked Serena, "What's wrong? I thought you were enjoying yourself." Serena said, "No, this is wrong. I can't allow myself to give in to this."

Loki said, "Why not Serena? You love me too and you know it. No matter how much you try to deny it, the truth is there." Loki started to kiss Serena again, but she moved away but Loki grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back into his arms. Then proceed to bend down to kiss her, just then they hear someone calling out to them. It was Thor's voice, "Loki!, Serena! Where are you!" This gave Serena a chance to pull away. Serena answers Thor, "We're over here." Loki looked at Serena mischievously but not mad, which surprised Serena.