Odin Summons His Elite Guards

Chapter 10

Thor walks towards Loki and Serena, "There you are. Why are you in the royal gardens?" Loki said, a little bit disturbed, "We wanted to be ALONE Thor!" Thor said, "Oh I'm sorry brother but father has asked for his Elite Guards to his throne room." Serena asked, "Has there been news about the war in Vanaheim?" Thor said, "I don't know but he requests all of his Elite Guards, which includes Sif too." Serena said, "I guess I had better go." Serena looked at Loki and asked, "Are you coming?" Loki shook his head "yes". So, Serena, Loki, and Thor went to Odin's throne room. Loki whispered to Thor, "You interrupted something." Thor asked Loki, "You mean you and Serena?" Loki said, "Shhh...Thor. Serena doesn't want anyone to know just yet." Thor shook his head "yes."

When they arrived at Odin's throne room, Serena spoke to the Royal Guards, "I am Serena of the Elite Guard and Odin has requested my appearance." The Royal Guards nodded then allowed her entrance. Loki and Thor followed Serena into the throne room; Serena walked up to Odin's throne and bowed. Serena asked Odin, "You sent for me your majesty?" Odin said, "Yes, I sent for ALL of my Elite Guards. The reason that I summoned you is because my negotiations have failed with Vanaheim. The king of Vanaheim would not listen to peace talk. So, we must get prepared for an attack." Odin continues, "My Elite Guard we MUST get prepared for an attack. Go and take your places to defend Asgard". Loki's eyes got big. He thought he had protected Serena from going into battle, but he hadn't. Sif and Serena went to their assigned places. Loki spoke to his father, "Father, is this really necessary. Can't we avoid war with Vanaheim?" Odin said, "I tried my son, but they wouldn't listen to me."

Loki looked at Thor and said, "We have to do something to stop this OR we could both lose the women that we love. Thor asked Loki, 'What do you think we should do? This is their job and they both knew the potential dangers when they tried out for the Elite Guard." .Loki said, "I know but maybe we could do something to protect them." Thor said, "Father would never allow us to get involved with this battle." Loki said, "Father doesn't have to know." Thor said, "Loki, are you crazy? We can't do that. Father would be mad if we tried to interfere with his Elite Guards."