Be On Call

Chapter 8

Odin tells Serena, "Stay prepared just in case I need my Elite Guards." Serena said, "Yes, your highness." Loki was hoping that it wouldn't come to that because he didn't want Serena to get hurt. Odin said, "Serena, you may leave for now but be ready should I call you." Serena bowed before Odin and said, "As you wish your majesty." Just as Serena was getting ready to leave, the other Elite Guards arrived. Odin frowned at them and said, "You're late! Serena has been here all of this time and is now getting ready for the assignment." The other Elite Guards just gave Serena a hard stare. Loki saw this reaction and gave them a hard stare too. They backed off and went to Odin. Serena said, "I wonder what will happen to them?" Serena asked Odin, "Is there anything else you need from me, sire?" Odin said, "No, Serena you may leave while I speak to these others." Serena bowed to Odin then left. As Serena and Loki were walking away they could hear Odin fussing at the Elite Guards. Loki gave a mischievous smile. Serena saw his expression and asked, "Why are you smiling?" Loki just said, "All of my father's best of the best can't even arrive on time for a meeting."

Loki asked Serena, "Maybe I could talk to you now?" Serena said, "Sure ....Loki. What do you want to talk about?" Loki asked Serena, "Couldn't we talk in private? Maybe in your chambers or mine.?" Serena looked surprised when Loki asked about talking in their chambers. Serena said, "Maybe we could go to the garden and talk." Serena wasn't all that sure about going to either of their chambers to talk. It wasn't that she didn't trust Loki, she just thought it would be better to talk to him out in the open. Loki was disappointed that Serena didn't want to go to the privacy of either of their chambers, but he agreed to go to the gardens with Serena. Loki said, "OK Serena, if that's what you want. Then we will go to the gardens to talk." So, they went to the gardens to talk.