Day of the Tryouts

Chapter 2

Finally, the day of the tryouts came. Sif was proud of herself. The young woman had exceeded in her training in the past few weeks. Sif was sure that the young woman would get into the Elite Guards. Odin appeared on the balcony and said, "Let the tryouts begin!" The young woman was up against other tryout participants. The tryout consisted of hand-to-hand combat, fighting with weapons and against the Elite Guards to see if they could hold their own against them. Odin was the one who picked which participant would go against the Elite Guards. Fortunately, for the young woman, she got Sif to fight against, but Sif had already told her that if it came down to her and the young woman then Sif would NOT take it easy on her. Sif true to her word didn't take it easy. She fought the young woman as if she was a stranger. The young woman was indeed holding her own against Sif, whereas the other participants were having trouble fighting against their assigned Elite Guard partner.

The Princes of Asgard, Thor and Loki came to watch the tryouts. Loki was impressed with the young woman's fighting abilities. He also thought that she was quite beautiful with her long, curly auburn hair flowing in the wind as she fought against Sif. Loki was hoping that she would become an Elite Guard because that way he would get to know her better. Odin asks his sons, "Are you enjoying the tryouts for the Elite Guards?" Both Loki and Thor said "yes." Loki tells his father, "I'm very impressed with the auburn-haired woman." Odin said, "Yes, I agree with you, my son. She has done quite well for herself in the tryouts. I do believe that she's in line for my Elite Guard." Of course, Thor was only interested in Sif because he had a crush on her, and Sif felt the same way about him. Finally, the tryouts ended, and Odin stood up to announce the winners of the tryouts.