1.

Lando's POV

It was the last race of the season, finally. I was so tired. Everything changed since Avery left, I just did what I had to do but I missed to see her pretty face around the paddock.
I fired Millie as soon as I realized Avery wasn't coming back. I only hired her because I wanted Avery to have a friend around the paddock, but Millie never cared about her.
Not even one bit. She tried to get in my bed a lot of times, especially when I was on my lowest point.
Unfortunately, she got her way into another hospitality, Ferrari hired her as Carlos' PR manager. Poor guy.

Scott told me Avery was doing alright. She kept herself busy, she apparently fixed her mom's house.
I wish I could see how it turned out, but she wasn't answering any of my texts or calls.
I texted her every day for months without response so I stopped.
I don't know what I did wrong but she shut me out of her life completely.

"So Scott, how are you feeling on your last day?" I chuckled as I walked next to him through the paddock. We actually became really good friends.
"I will be here next season too mate" he patted my back with a smile on his face. "Ey, nice I'm happy about that. Will Lori stay as well?" Lori was the girl that replaced Avery.
She was cool but obviously nothing compared to the girl that left such a massive impact on my life.
"Yeah, it will be Lori and I next season" I nodded. I definitely felt comfortable around them so I wasn't complaining about that.
"How's Avery?" He must be so tired of that question but he was the only way I could get information about her. "She's alright. She has to find a new job though because she's running out of money" I frowned as I looked at him.
"Wasn't she doing movies? Why does she have to find a new job?" He realized he said too much because I could see his face change.
He just shrugged his shoulders but I wasn't gonna take that as an answer at all.
"Did she quit?" He nodded. "She quit in Monza" she quit months ago? I thought she left to do movies, that's what Millie told me atleast but why did I trust her.
"Why? What happened mate?" He sighed but shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know man, I really don't. I asked her multiple times but she said she was just bored of it" we both looked at each other, we were thinking the same thing. We didn't believe that at all.

After my talk with Scott, I walked in the Mclaren hospitality.
I decided to stay with them for another year, on one condition. I wanted Charlotte back as my PR manager, so they literally offered her everything she wanted.
I needed someone I could trust, who could calm me down and motivate me when needed.
She looked at me as soon as I walked in. I didn't expect her to be here today but I was definitely happy to see her.
"I am so happy that you're back" I said with the biggest smile on my face. "Did I have a choice?" She chuckled as I shook my head.
She pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back softly.
"Please behave next season so I'll have an easy job okay?" She laughed but honestly I couldn't promise her anything.
I liked to joke around and didn't really think before I opened my mouth, she knew that.

Before I jumped in my car I had to do something else. I grabbed my phone and transferred some money to Avery. I still had her account details so it was pretty easy to do.
I didn't want her to feel obligated to find a job if she still needed time for herself.
I knew she wanted to be independent but sometimes she needed to accept some help.

I also was hoping she would text me, not to thank me but maybe she forgot about me completely and this would remind her.
It was stupid honestly, she ghosted me completely for months and here I was, still thinking about her.