Chapter 27

" Noah... Noah, wait up," Kai shouted as he ran to catch up with Noah.
" What do you want?" Noah snapped at Kai as he turn around causing Kai to frown.
" I want you to live... Without any plan, you can't go against Oliver," Kai whispered in the hope no one hears them despite the corridor is empty.
" What else I suppose to do? Anna doesn't have any plan and trust me, she is planning something but only for herself," Noah combed his hair back with his hand as he spoke in frustration.
" What made you think that?" Kai asked in confusion.
" She had that look... The look when she is planning. You know that look well, " Noah pointed his finger at Kai trying to make him understand.
" I notice that look but what did you say she is planning for herself?" Kai pat away Noah's hand and asked.
" That's how high-ranked members used to be. Mom and Dad told me about them. And looks like Apple doesn't fall far," Noah blurts out without thinking and immediately punches the wall realising his mistake.
" Your Mom and Dad?... Noah, you live with your Aunt and Uncle... Look into my eyes and tell me the truth, Noah," Kai pulled Noah's collar and questioned him with a betrayed look.
" That's what I thought as well... Until I got to know the truth and I had to promise them to keep it a secret. Trust me, I won't do anything that will betray you or anyone in this pack. The last high-rank members aren't the kind and nice people and you know it," Noah muttered.
" I trust you, Noah. And you have my support on whatever you are into," Kai leaves Noah's collar and said.
" Let's go for a race," Kai then pulls Noah by his neck and walked towards the garage when they heard a strange noise.
Both of them stopped walking and immediately took out their phones to record. They followed the direction where the noise was coming from.
They stopped in front of the wall with confusion. As the pack house was built soundproof meaning the noises can't travel through the wall, door or even the window.
" How can we hear the noise?" Kai questions.
" Let's investigate it," Noah spoke as he check the corners of the wall.
" There is literally nothing here. It's just plain old wall, Noah," Kai muttered at the same time Noah press the below tile on the wall.
This causes the wall to open like a door revealing a red colour room with a strong smell that disgusted Noah and Kai. Yet, they didn't remove their sight from the two shocked people who were tangled with each other.
Noah and Kai lifted their phones as they enter the room while recording everything. Kai picked up two cards that were found near the pile of clothes and announced.
" It's the head nurse of the pack hospital with an intern,"
" That's scandalous news of the year. Don't you think, Noah?" Kai asked as he pats Noah's arm who laugh and said,
" Yes, that is,"
" What do you two want?" The head nurse asked as she came out of the shock.
Kai and Noah looked at each other and stopped recording. Then put their phones in their pocket.
" Tell us the secret of the hospital that the new high-ranked members don't know about or ever will," Noah ransoms his demands making the nurse to pale.
" That's treason," She gasped while the intern started to wear his clothes.
" Stop your drama and give me the information or I will upload this video so the entire pack sees it," Noah threatens with his voice low while Kai smirks crossing his arms across his chest.
" Tell them about the room," The intern spoke in desperation.
" Are you crazy?" The nurse snapped showing her canine while Noah and Kai enjoys the show.
Noah relaxes as he found a way to see Chloe and keep her away from Oliver tonight.
In the meanwhile, Oliver threw a blanket and a pillow at Chloe who was standing in the middle of the room.
" Sleep on the floor," Oliver said and was about to lie down on the bed when Chloe questioned.
" Why can't I sleep on the couch?"
" You can. I just going to warn you, I only use it for one purpose if you know what I mean," Oliver winked his eye at the end making Chloe almost vomit on the spot.
As Chloe was about to sleep down, the sound of knocking paused her. She looked at Oliver who grab the pillow and blankets from her and threw it into the closet. Then went to the door to open it.
" Why the hell you are here?" Oliver barks making Chloe curious so she peeks to see Noah and Kai standing out of the room.
" Noah," Chloe called out making Oliver growl. Then Oliver stepped outside and closed the door behind him.
" What are you two doing here? Don't you have any manner that you two come in the middle of the night and interrupted newly found mates," Oliver mocks Noah and Kai which he succeeded as he felt their anger.
" We are here as responsible pack members to inform you about what we found out," Kai spoke but Oliver waved him saying,
" Just because you found out you two are useless. Well, it's a well-known fact,"
" There some unethical practice happening in the pack hospital... We heard two members talking about some confidential area which the new high-ranked members won't ever find out," Kai spoke gritting his teeth.
" Who were they?" Oliver asked seriously.
" We didn't see their face properly but they were wearing hospital uniforms... I think they work as nurses," Noah answered.
" Thank you for the information and rest assured, I will look into it," Oliver said and was going into the room when Noah said,
" You can't wait for it morning. People's lives can be at stake. You have to check it now,"
" Is this information true?" Oliver questions this time showing his wolf's eye. As he thought it was a way for Noah to meet Chloe behind his back.
" Of course... It's a crime to file falsely that we won't do," Kai muttered.
" It's quite a coincidence that it was Noah who found out and reported to me. Was it a way to see my mate?" Oliver crossed his arm and asked but was met with silence.
Oliver chuckled and spoke,
" By the way, I am not responsible for pack-hospital but I will inform Beta Liam to look into the matter,"
Oliver then went inside his room locking the door. He ignored Chloe and went to take his phone to call Liam.
" Why are you calling me now?" Liam asked in a sleepy voice.
" Crow came by with his friend and told me that they eavesdrop on someone's conversation... Something unethical is happening in the pack hospital. They didn't see the face but it was the nurses based on their uniform," Oliver muttered as he lay down on the bed.
" Moon goddess, it feels so good to lay on the bed," Oliver moans making Liam groan.
" That means I have to go right now," Liam spoke as he got up from the bed.
" Good night," Oliver jokes as Liam cut the call.
" Where are you going?" Sophia asked as she felt Liam getting up.
" Pack Hospital, duty calls," Liam was about to lean to kiss her but she gets up and went to the closet.
" So what's the matter?" Sophia asked as she takes random pieces of clothes from her section of the closet.
" You don't have to come," Liam muttered as he takes a shirt from the closet.
" I am the Female Beta and it's my duty as well," Sophia points out and repeated her question,
" What the matter with the pack hospital?"
" I will tell you on the way," Liam said as he leaves the room followed by Sophia.

" It looks like Hospital workers don't sleep. They all look so fresh and active," Sophia whispered to Liam as they talk through the hospital.
" It's because they are night-time workers. The hospital has different sets of workers from day to night," Liam explained.
" That explains their cheerful mood," Sophia muttered as she yawned.
Then they went inside the chief of the hospital's office.
" Beta Liam and Female Beta Sophia, what are you doing here? Is everything fine? Do you need my help?" The chief of the hospital started to question as the Beta Couple enter his office.
" We need to inspect the confidential area now and the purpose for them," Beta Liam answered making the chief of the hospital bow and leads the way.
" The Confidential areas are where the hospital makes herbs and medicines. Or holds the patient's information in physical format, few rooms contain patients that suffer from contagious diseases which you can't enter and it's better to inspect from outside," The hospital chief paused as he notice the surprised look on the Beta Couple.
" Those are Omega or Runts with high human genes making them vulnerable to diseases," He then explained and when the Beta Couple nodded he continued to speak,
" This is the only room I don't think why is considered confidential to be honest. That's why, I am bringing you two here first," The hospital chief opens the door to a room that was filled with almirahs.
" So you really don't know why it's called Confidential Area?" Beta Liam asked with a smile that scared the chief.
" Tell us the truth," Tommy barks through the mind link to the Chief.
" Someone... I meant few people are here under hostage. They are heavily dosed into being in a coma," The chief confessed through the mind link.
" Sophia, leave now. Trust me on this," Beta Liam spoke and without saying a thing Female Beta left the room.
" Show me," Beta Liam orders.
The hospital chief walked to the corner of the room and flip on the switch. Revealing a room filled with the smell of medication but the people in the bed shocked Beta Liam so much that he stood in his place.
" Aston," Beta Liam barks through the mind link.
" What happened, Liam?" Alpha Aston asked immediately in fear because of the sudden bark through the mind link.
" Our grandparents are kept hostage in pack hospital," Beta Liam announced.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So much is happening.

How is the story so far?