Chapter 16

" Ace, why did you call me early in the morning?" Beta Sebastian spoke in a grumpy tone as he entered Alpha Ace's room looking sleepy.
" Why aren't you doing something to that mutt?" Alpha Ace questions back in confusion.
" Be more specific, Ace" Sebastian spoke with equal confusion.
" Aston... He is trying to steal your mate and you are not doing anything about it," Alpha Ace muttered making Sebastian chuckled and said.
" I have a plan. And it's working,"
" Okay, just do it quick... That mutt is undergoing to be a psycho," Alpha Ace's statement made Sebastian surprised.
" Good for us, we could use that to our advantage," Sebastian didn't find any problem with Aston going to be crazy.
" He spends the night with the pack slut. Making her wear a red colour wing that matches your mate's hair... If he becomes crazy for Ava, it will make more problems for you and her," After hearing Alpha Ace, Beta Sebastian was furious to know Aston was fantasizing about Ava. He started to think deeply about what Alpha Ace said. If it is true then Ava is not safe living in the pack house where Aston lives as well.
Thinking about Ava's safety, Sebastian left the room after giving Alpha Ace his regards. Beta Sebastian didn't waste any time reaching the Howler packhouse.
The Beta family were having breakfast in unpleasant silence. As Ava is deliberately ignoring Anna and vice versa while Sophia is avoiding looking at the Beta couple.
" Good morning, "Sebastian's cheerful sound caught everyone's attention making them look at him in surprise, especially Ava.
" Why are you doing here? How did you enter the pack?" Beta Ben spoke an instinct seeing Sebastian, a non-member of his pack being on the Beta Floor without him or Female Beta Katies informed about it.
Ava was offended hearing her Dad as it felt like her Dad is interrogating a rogue and not her mate.
" Well, I don't need a reason to see my mate. And to your second question, I work within the pack territory so the Alpha permitted me to enter the pack," Sebastian answered as he sat next to Ava and then pull her for a kiss.
" I will be taking you to school today," Sebastian told Ava making her nod in agreement.
" Here you go," Ava passes crapes and waffles to Sebastian while Katie holds Ben's hand to control his anger.
Seeing Female Beta Katie holding Beta Ben's hand, Sophia was starting to feel uncomfortable thinking Beta Ben will attack Sebastian. So she nudges Liam's knee who understood the situation quickly.
" Dad, since I got my wolf we should go for a run together, " Liam blurbed out the first thing that came to his mind so he could distract Beta Ben's attention from Sebastian.
" Of course, Pete is excited to meet Tommy. We will go for the run before the party Alpha has organised for you... Sebastian, could you like to join us for the run? That way I will get to see your wolf's strength," Beta Ben muttered looking at Sebastian with interest to know about his wolf's strength. If Sebastian's wolf is weak then it will give Beta Ben the upper hand over Sebastian.
" Of course, we could also have friendly combat in our wolves' form," Sebastian knew Beta Ben will not reject the offer so this will give him a chance to beat and make him feel humiliated along with Liam.
" I don't think that is necessary," Female Beta Katie said trying to avoid the fight will be better as she believes Beta Ben's wolf will hurt Sebastian's wolf which could cause a problem.
" Come on, don't worry. It will be friendly combat as Sebastian said. And Sebastian will not take it personally when Pete and Tommy will make his wolf submit, am I right, Sebastian?" Beta Ben spoke with genuine happiness and before Sebastian could say, Ava spoke.
" I am betting my whole pocket money that Sebastian's wolf, Sean will make you both submit,"
" Well, then I am putting pocket money plus my latest edition Rolex watch that I will win the combat," Liam proclaims proudly soon Anna so spoke in enthusiasm,
" I am putting half of my money on Dad,"
" That's like my girl, I will put on a prize possession, a ring gifted by a Duke," Sebastian was surprised to hear Ben and wanted to know more about the Duke so smirked as he mumbled,
" I will put a million that I will win,"
" A million," Everyone at the table either gasped or whispered ' a million' in surprise.
" That's a lot of money for a Coach to have," Katie said trying not too suspicious.
" Well, I started to invest when I became eighteen years old. So I have sufficient money to provide everything Ava wants... So Katie how much are you betting?" Sebastian effectively change the topic as he didn't want his financial details shared with the Beta couple.
" Like my mate, I will put my prize possession, a royal necklace I bought from a Duchess," Katie's pride increased ten times more seeing Sebastian and Sophia's shocked looks.
" I am interested to know, how you brought a necklace from a Duchess. After all, the royals and nobles aren't the ones to be bought, "Sebastian questioned making Katie giggle.
" Everyone has a prize... Sophia, how much you will put on Liam?" Sophia became uncomfortable under Katie's stare so she started to shake her leg unintentionally and try to keep her sound as normal as possible.
" Actually, I am putting five thousand on Beta Ben," She quickly answers making Beta Ben laugh while she tries to take her juice with a shaking hand. But the glass slipped from her hand and fell on the table slipping the drink on her and Ava's clothes.
" I am sorry," Sophia apologise quickly and takes the tissue to clean the mess but Liam stopped her and said,
" I will clean it, you go to change your clothes,"
" Ava, you also have to change quickly, I have to reach the school before the students arrive," Sebastian said.
" Give me fifteen minutes, " Ava spoke as she get up to leave.
" I will be outside," Sebastian muttered and left the Beta Floor.
As he was walking towards the door, he sensed someone coming fast towards him. So he turn to see, it was Female Gamma Susan.
Gamma Susan felt a kick in her chest that push all the air out of her lungs. Making her hold her chest in instinct, she couldn't believe she was seeing. Before she could say something, Sebastian chanted,
" Tace,"
Translate- Be Silent
Female Gamma Susan's hand instantly hand over her mouth as if it had something else hand. She looked directly at Sebastian's similarly chocolate-brown eyes that were blinding her in place. Soon she started to lose the feeling in her body. Slowly, her eyes started to feel heavy and wet, she couldn't see clearly.
The moment her eyes lose the connection, Sebastian knew she was under his control. He wraps his arms around her shoulder and started to walk casually so no one could suspect.
Even though, Sebastian never entered the pack house except for Ava's room. He knew every corner of the pack house because of the spy. Sebastian knew the best place to hide Female Gamma Susan until her memory is erased is the room where the spy is staying.
Without bothering to knock, Sebastian entered the spy's room and ordered the spy to lock the door. While he throws Susan on the floor harshly making a loud noise.
" What are we going to do with her, Beta Sebastian?" Spy spoke in a soft, low whisper yet her glance was murderous.
" I have to alter her memories so she can't remember my face," Sebastian said sounding pleased as he looked at the helpless Susan who didn't have any idea what he will do with her brain.
" Bring me two candles and a thin rope, Annie," Sebastian ordered without looking at Annie who was excited to witness a ritual. She walks to one of the side tables and takes out two red rose-scented candles along with a thin rope. Then giving to Beta Sebastian who was still looking at Susan with an immense amount of hatred. That didn't go unnoticed by Annie who got scared by it so she made little distance from him.
Sebastian tied his wrist from one end of the rope and did the same with Susan's wrist from another end of the rope. He was holding one unlit candle and using his other hand to fasten Susan's hand to hold the other unlit candle. Then Sebastian started to chant,
" O Virtus circa me, Ego praecipio nexum qui est caeca,"
Translate- Oh, the power around me, I command a connection is blinding me.
The candles were lit making Annie squeal in surprise and Sebastian let go of his hand which was holding Susan's hand. As Susan become stiff the moment the candles were lit.
" Animum tuum quaero, cum eo quod volo,"
Translate- I seek into your mind, doing with it what I want

Sebastian stares intensely at Susan's frozen eyes as if they were the gates to her mind. The more he was looking at Susan's memory, his grip on the candle was tightening until Sebastian growls lowly.
Sebastian couldn't help his eyes were wet which didn't go unnoticed by Annie. Annie immediately hugged Sebastian and said,
" We are a pact, a family that will stand with each other no matter what,"
Annie pulled herself from the hug and was shocked to see Beta Sebastian looking completely devastated and lost. She didn't know what he saw in Susan's memory but she was sure that it broke him. Normally, she could console her Beta but knowing they are in Howler Pack's territory and Susan is kept as a hostage in her room.
" Beta Sebastian, I don't know what you saw but we have to do something quickly," Sebastian nodded at Annie's words and took a deep breath.
" Let's do this," He orders as he looked closely at Susan's eyes that were frozen in time. The moment her eyes blinked, Susan felt a chill in her spin and goosebumps throughout her body causing her to shiver. She looked around her, she was in the pack's main hall.
" Minnie, why am I feeling this cold all of the sudden?" Susan questions her wolf in confusion but she couldn't feel her wolf, Minnie's present.
Female Gamma Susan assumes her wolf is sleeping and the sudden chill could be nothing. So she shakes her head slightly and walks up the stairs.
" Good morning, Aunt Susan" Ava greeted with her smile.
" Good morning, aren't you going early?"
" Sebby is here to pick me and as a Coach, he has to be at school before the students" Ava answered Susan's question and then they were both on their way.
The moment Ava open the pack house door, she saw Sebastian and Annie talking. She notices Sebastian was expressionless while Annie had a sympathetic look. As she walks towards them, she could hear Annie saying before Annie looked at her and left,
" I'm telling you the truth. After all, I have been there,"
" What did she say?" Ava asked Sebastian as she stands next to him.
Sebastian ignored her question and opened the backseat door gesturing for her to sit inside. But Ava closed the door and question him,
" Answer me," Ava's voice was filled with anger and frustration seeing Sebastian treating her like a child and not like a mate.
" She was rejected by her mate because he loved someone else. When she found out about our situation, she couldn't help but relate and feel pity for me," Sebastian answered sounding hurt. He was in pain after seeing Susan's memory but Ava assume it was because of the fear she will reject him or she loved Aston before him.
" I will not reject you, Sebby," She spoke as she was about to touch him but he stepped back.
" Because you are scared that you will die from rejection," Sebastian's statement holds the truth that Ava couldn't deny it.
" And I don't care about that Ava... It's just that I found out something..." Sebastian stopped himself to reveal anything as he didn't have the energy to further lie to Ava. And he can't tell her the truth as well, he knows she will choose her pack if he reveals his identity before the right time. Without saying a word, Sebastian got in the car and started the engine waiting for Ava to sit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think Sebastian saw?