Chapter 60

AFTER A MONTH

In the middle of full moon night, the pack members choose to stay at home than go for pack run.

For a month, everyone lived in fear and applied for sanction to transfer into another pack. Not a day went by, everyone didn't pray for their and pack's safety.

The territory guards were outside protecting the broader with their lives. Along with them, top ranked warriors and Zetas were guarding in their wolves' form.

They stood still in alert noticing a smell of fire. As they looked outside their territory, the fire erupted from the ground and till ten feet high spreading the smoke everywhere.

The Zetas, warriors and guards howled at broaders as the fire surrounded the pack but isn't spreading anywhere.

The howlings caused every members to run to pack house while Alpha Christopher, Luna Amy, Beta Frank, Female Beta Linda, Gamma Louis and Female Gamma Lilly run separately to each broader of the pack.

Alpha Christopher reach to the northern east broader to see his son, Chris talking with the guard.

The head charge, Zeta went to Alpha Christopher to inform him,
" Alpha, this fire isn't speadering and after confirming this part of fire is intenser than others,"

" Then the Unknown send some message here that why it intense here... How long Chris have been here?"

" He and friends always patrol the borders for a month, Alpha. I though you knew," Zeta replied.

" It's fine," Alpha Christopher muttered walking to his son.

" I'm glad to see you have learn to take responsibility for consequences of your action," Alpha Christopher spoke to his Chris for the first time after a month.

" I have always been like this... You have finally notice it now," Chris mumbled.

" Well, what can I do? I was in coma because of you," Alpha Christopher barked.

" Can you two stop talking about the past?" Aubrey stepped in the conversation with her chosen mate, Tim an Zeta of the pack.

" We should be concentrating on the fire," She complete looking at the fire in fear.

" The fireteam is one their way here to try calming the fire down," Tim informed walking near the fire.

" Be careful, Tim," Aubrey cautioned to which he smile like Noah and continue to walk till he was standing in boarder line.

" I feel the fire is calming down," He shouted and saw an shadowing figures behind the fire.

" There are people behind the fire, Alpha," Tim shouted as he back away.

" Stands to attack," Alpha Christopher roared making everyone stand in their fighting position facing the fire as it hushes down.

" Oh my god," Aubrey gasped.

Everyone looking in shock at the decaying bodies of Code Red team surrounding naked wounded Sophia tied in a stick.

They stepped the territory looking at the dead bodies releasing a mourning howl in union. Aubrey walks to Sophia and place her finger to check Sophia's pulses.

" Thank moon goddess... She is alive. Call an ambulance now," Aubrey barked as she untieds Sophia and carries her body to the side with the help of few guards.

" Ben, Sophia is here," Chris informed his friend looking at Sophia in pain and pity.

" I'm coming there," Ben said before running in his wolf form.

For a month, Ben's son Liam is hospitalized for having intense pain. At first, doctors weren't able to find the caused and suggested to consult a witch or wizard.

The wizard revealed Liam is tied to an magic ritual that makes him feel everything his mate, Sophia is going through. Not a single day went by, Liam didn't cried in misery and refuse to take any medical or method that would weaken the magic.

He wanted to feel everything Sophia was going through punishing him for not protecting her enough along with repaying the pain with interest to the Unknown.

By the time, Ben reach the boarder Sophia was taken inside the ambulance. Ben run with the ambulance to the pack hospital.

The hospital nurses and doctors were outside to conduct an emergency medical help to Sophia. After Ben shifted into his human form and walked inside the emergency ward to look at Sophia.

He stood still paled with shock. Once an glowing happy girl was laying in front of him in hospital bed. Her weak body was filled with cuts and scratches that match her unconscious face that shows suffering.

" Is she... Will she be okay?" Ben asked the doctor.

" We have to run multiple tests to see if there is any internal injuries, " Doctor informed with compassion as they carried Sophia to an ward for testing.

" Dad," Liam called out as he frantically walks to his Dad.

" Liam, you should be resting," Ben said looking at his paled son.

" Sophia is here... I heard nurses talking and... I can smell her. Where is she?" Liam mumbled looking around as his sense weaken during the one month.

" They are running tests on her to make sure she is fine," Ben informed holding his son's shoulders hugging him.

" She isn't in nice condition. Be strong for her," Ben advice him controlling his tears.

" I know. I felt her pain for a month, Dad," Liam spoke with heavy throat breaking the hug.

" Where is she? I have to see her," Liam demanded.

" Once she is transfer to a room than you can only see her. You know the rules," Ben said patting Liam's shoulders.

" Yeah... But where is she exactly?" Liam demanded.

" There," Ben gesture the room.

Liam walked to the door and peek through the circle glass in the door. He was unable to glimpse his mate as the nurses where covering his view. Liam couldn't help but growl lowly with desperation.

For twenty minute, Liam was peeking to glance Sophia but fail. When the doors were open, Liam side a bit giving a way for Doctors, nurse and Sophia who was being carried away.

" Sophia," Liam barked at his unconscious mate calling her name to wake her up. He hold her hand as they talking her to another room.

" Sir, you can't go further than this," Nurse instructed taking Sophia to an MRI room.

Liam squad down the floor crying for Sophia. He never imagine to find her vulnerable and fragile stage.

" Liam," Katie hugged him as he crying.

" Mom, Sophia... She isn't....,"

" Shhh," Katie silence her son and advises,

" She is an strong girl, Liam. She survive their torture and needs love. Be strong for her and give affection to heal her,"

Liam nodded hugging to his Mom as he cries silently. Praying to keep his mate alive.