Prompt 22

Prompt: Write a story about a kid who goes trick-or-treating. Start from the minute he or she puts on his or her costume and finish when he or she gets home and puts on normal clothes again. Tell me everything that happens.

Once upon a time, there was a kid named Max who loved Halloween. He had been planning his costume for weeks and finally, the big day arrived. Max was a little nervous as he put the finishing touches on his costume in front of the mirror. He was dressed up as a superhero, complete with a mask, cape, and shiny boots. He couldn't wait to show off his costume and collect lots of candy.

Max's mom helped him put on his coat and they set off into the chilly October evening. The streets were filled with kids in costumes, all excited to go trick-or-treating. Max's first stop was his neighbour's house, where he rang the doorbell and shouted "Trick or treat!" The neighbour smiled and gave him a handful of candy. Max was thrilled and ran to the next house, and then the next.

As the night went on, Max's bag filled up with candy. He admired the spooky decorations on the houses and laughed at the funny costumes he saw. He even ran into some of his friends from school, who were also dressed up and collecting candy.

But as the night wore on, Max started to get tired. His feet hurt from all the walking and his arms were sore from carrying his heavy bag of candy. He started to feel a little scared too, with all the spooky decorations and eerie sounds coming from the houses.

Finally, it was time to head home. Max's mom helped him take off his cape and mask, and he changed out of his boots. He was exhausted but happy, with a bag full of candy to enjoy. As he settled into bed that night, he thought about how much fun he had and how he couldn't wait for next Halloween.