Prompt 28

Prompt: Create a new holiday tradition for your family. Write about what you would do and why it would be important.

Once upon a time, there was a family that wanted to start a new holiday tradition. After much brainstorming, they decided to create a "Gratitude Day" that would be celebrated every year on the fourth Thursday in November, the day before Thanksgiving.

On Gratitude Day, each family member would take turns sharing what they were thankful for over the past year. They would sit in a circle and pass around a special object, like a small stuffed animal or a decorative stone, and whoever was holding it would speak. They could share anything they were grateful for, big or small, personal or global.

After everyone had a chance to share, the family would take a walk in nature, either in a local park or on a hiking trail. They would bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors while reflecting on their blessings.

In the evening, the family would come back home and work together to prepare a special dinner. They would each contribute a dish that represented something they were grateful for, such as a favourite family recipe or a food that reminded them of a happy memory.

During dinner, they would continue to reflect on their blessings and talk about how they could share their good fortune with others. They would brainstorm ways to give back to their community, whether it was volunteering at a local shelter or donating to a favourite charity.

The family believed that Gratitude Day would be an important tradition because it would help them cultivate a sense of appreciation and generosity in their lives. By taking time to reflect on their blessings and share their gratitude with each other, they hoped to create a deeper sense of connection and meaning in their family relationships. They also wanted to inspire each other to give back to their community and make a positive impact in the world.

Years went by, and the family continued to celebrate Gratitude Day every year. They welcomed new members, like spouses and children, who embraced the tradition and added their own unique contributions. As they gathered around the circle to share their blessings, they felt a sense of warmth and love that filled their hearts with joy. They knew that Gratitude Day would always be an important and cherished part of their family's holiday traditions.