Prompt 29

Prompt: Everyone knows the new neighbours are vampires, and the kids invite you over for a sleepover.

It was a dark and stormy night when the new neighbours moved in, and rumours quickly spread through the small town that they were vampires. People talked about how they only come out at night and how they never seemed to age. Some even claimed to have seen them with fangs.

Despite the rumours, the kids in the neighbourhood were fascinated by the new neighbours. They watched them from their windows and whispered about them at school. One day, the kids decided to take matters into their own hands and invite the new neighbours over for a sleepover.

At first, the parents were hesitant. They didn't want their children to be in danger, but the kids insisted that the new neighbours seemed friendly and they just wanted to get to know them better.

Finally, the parents relented, and the sleepover was set for the following weekend. The kids spent the week preparing, making sure they had plenty of garlic and crosses just in case the rumours were true.

When the night of the sleepover arrived, the new neighbours arrived promptly at dusk. They were dressed in black and had pale skin, just like the rumours said. But as they spoke to the kids, they seemed perfectly normal.

The kids had a great time playing games and watching movies with the new neighbours. They ate pizza and drank soda, and no one turned into a bat or tried to bite anyone's neck.

As the night wore on, the parents checked in on the kids, but they were fast asleep. The new neighbours said their goodbyes and promised to do it again sometime soon.

The next day, the kids told their parents all about the sleepover, and everyone was relieved that nothing strange had happened. The rumours about the new neighbours being vampires continued to circulate, but the kids knew the truth. They had made new friends, and they couldn't wait to hang out with them again.