Prompt 87

Prompt: Create a list of safety rules for Trick-or-Treating.

It was Halloween night, and the streets were filled with excited children, dressed in their best costumes, ready to go trick-or-treating. As the sun began to set, parents reminded their kids of the importance of following safety rules while they were out collecting candy.

Here are some of the safety rules that they shared:

1. Always go trick-or-treating with a responsible adult. Never go alone or with a group of friends.

2. Stay on the sidewalk and cross the street only at designated crosswalks or intersections. Look both ways before crossing and wait for the signal to change.

3. Wear reflective clothing or add reflective tape to your costume to make yourself visible to drivers.

4. Carry a flashlight or glow stick to light your way and help you see where you're going.

5. Only visit homes that have their porch lights on and look like they're participating in trick-or-treating.

6. Don't enter a stranger's home or car, no matter how inviting it may seem.

7. Don't eat any candy until you get home and your parents have inspected it. Throw away any candy that looks suspicious or has been opened.

8. If you have a food allergy, make sure your parents check the ingredients of each treat before you eat it.

9. Avoid wearing masks that obstruct your vision or make it difficult to breathe. Choose makeup or face paint instead.

10. Walk, don't run, from house to house, and stay with your group at all times.

By following these safety rules, everyone can have a fun and safe Halloween night.