Repercussions

We walked for hours through the night, being met with the rising sun when we hit hour three. The weather was kind to us during our journey which allowed us to continue on without much rest. There was no time for us to spare.

Murphy was giving us the directions to wherever the Grounder prison camp was. He made us go left, right, over, and under. Everything started to seem unfamiliar to me, so if it came to heading back to Alpha Station, I'd be running blind.

I kept a close eye on Murphy, having him walk in front of me. He was doing good so far, but my knife was tucked away in the waist band of my pants for easy access. There were moments where I found my hand inching towards the knife when his voice was slightly off. It was Bellamy's assuring glance that stopped me. He believed in Murphy, for some godly reason, so I believed him. . . sort of.

"All right, Murphy. Where to now?"

Murphy's head bobbed slightly, and he raised his arms. "What do you say we lose these first, huh?"

"Can you stop asking, already? We said no." I responded, his gaze meeting mine.

He stopped walking and turned to fully face me. "If we get attacked, I have no way to defend myself."

I pushed away his hands that he shoved in my face. "You've made it this far. I think you'll be fine."

Would I try to protect the guy if we were attacked by Grounders? Maybe. Would I be tempted to kick out the back of his knees so that the Grounders focus on him and not us while we run away? Yes. Yes I would. But like I said, I had exiled him from our camp and he survived being captured and tortured. Then he was captured again and made it out alive. He never seemed to die.

Finn, having been the line leader, stomped his way over with the plyers, the zip tie breaking with a click and landing on the dirt. I held back a word of protest considering I had just told him no. It might have been because that was Murphy's tenth time asking that Finn just cut them off just to shut him up.

"Thank you." Murphy said and smirked at me while rubbing his wrists.

Bellamy followed close after Finn as we continued to on our way, the two whispering amongst themselves. I did my best to keep up with them, but their long legs kept them ahead of me, leaving me with the roach himself.

"There's a thing called personal space." I pointed out when he got too close to me.

He held is now free hands up and added couple feet between us. "I thought I was your prisoner. Isn't the prisoner suppose to stay close to the captors?"

He was our prisoner, all right,  but we had no intentions of keeping him in the long run. We only had him for one reason and one reason only. After he served his purpose, we were done for good. No more second or third chances. 

"Yeah, they are. But if I remember correctly, they're not suppose to bitch and complain when the captors have guns." I responded, waving my hand gun at him.

"Can I have a gun?"

I scoffed at him. "Sure, right after I shoot myself in the foot."

That kept him quiet for some time. We walked for another 20 minutes until we arrived at a collapsed structure. It was large and made of wood, seeming to look like collapsed track. There was an arch that barely stood on it's legs with letters close to falling down.

"Everybody, down. Get down!" Murphy hissed, grabbing the back of my jacket and throwing me down to a log in front of us.

I was ready to elbow him for putting his hands on me when I caught sight of Grounders rummaging through a pile of stuff.