Many Happy Returns

"Everyone, eyes peeled. We're in Grounder territory," Bellamy breathed out as we ran through the woods.

"Everything is Grounder territory, alright? I can't keep running." Murphy complained.

I crashed into his back when he stopped adruptly, and we fell to the ground.

"What the hell, Murphy?" I asked, part of me grateful for being off my feet.

We had been running for hours thanks to Finn constantly pushing us to keep going. No matter how many times I suggested a break, he'd yell in my face. I wanted to get to our friends as fast as possible, but we needed to rest at some point. We can't save them if we were exhausted.

"We don't even know if the guy Finn killed is telling the truth." Murphy explained as he got up with Sterling and Monroe stopping behind us.

Finn stomped over front the front and grabbed the cockroach by the arms, shoving him forward. "Keep moving."

Bellamy came to my side and helped me up. My legs turned into gelatin the moment I tried to stand straight, and I had to lean on him for support.

"Let them have a minute." Bellamy said, keeping an arm around my waist.

"No, we can't. You heard what that Grounder said: 'They'll outlive their usefulness.'" Finn protested after letting go of Murphy.

"That's what he said when you had a gun to his head." Bellamy countered.

"Look, you think I wanted to do that?" he breathed out. "He would've told his people we're coming, and by the time we got there, our people would be dead. Maybe that's something you can't live with, but I can't."

"Don't you dare say that!" I snapped and shoved a finger to Finn's chest. "You know very well we all want to save everyone."

"Didn't seem like it when you were willing to let him live. I did what needed to be done."

Bellamy reached out and slightly pushed him away from me before he could get in my face. Smart choice. I may have been exhausted, but I had enough energy to punch him. "I know you thought you had to. But you are not yourself right now, and I can't be out here with another loose cannon."

"You guys," Monroe said, using her gun to gesture just ahead of us.

I broke away from Bellamy and readied my shotgun, inching closer to the soft cloud of flies. To the right of the path was a body laying limp in the overgrown shrubbery.

"Fall in," Bellamy ordered as we advanced.

All around us were scattered dead bodies and pieces of various sized metal. I looked to each one and held back a gasp. They weren't Grounders, and the clothing was too simple to be part of the 100. The bodies were those I probably walked past in the hall and said a quick 'hello'. They were those who would never get the chance to breathe the fresh Earth air or feel the sun's warmth.

"Where did they come from?" Murphy asked.

I closed my eyes and bowed my head slightly. "The Ark."

As I kept walking, the amount of bodies and broken pipes increased. We all slowly approached the edge of the cliff and the sight of a destroyed section of the Ark.

"That's a rough landing."Murphy commented, his words sending a shiver down my back.

My eyes fell on a body close by that lay on their back, their eyes were wide open. I bent down and used my dirt covered fingers to close their eyes. I couldn't help but think one of these people could've been Lily. If she had been led to this area for when they had to come down, she would've met this fate. I would be closing her eyes.