Twilight's Last Gleaming Pt 2

I knew I should have left the camp the instant I saw the ship go down. I didn't really need my jacket, and I should have let someone else tell Monty about what happened. Because I took too much time, Bellamy got to the radio before we could.

If he destroyed the radio to the extent where it couldn't be repaired, I didn't know what I'd do with myself. The radio was key to the people in the Ark's survival. Lily's survival. She could have been dying that very moment as the four of us searched for Bellamy.

The more I thought about it, I realized he had to have been close by if the ship landed not too long ago. The idea drove me quicken my pace in the woods and resulted in me separating from the group. I looked around trees, up inclines, through bushes, and even under rocks, as pathetic as it sounded.

After about ten minutes of searching, I finally found the back of his tall body heading towards camp. I felt my body carry me over to him in a flash.

"Where is it, you asshole?" I growled, shoving him from behind.

He stumbled forward but remained standing and walking. "Nice day for a walk, right sunshine?"

I shoved him again and started hitting his arm once he stopped moving. He had the nerve to talk to me like that.

"Don't play dumb. Just tell me where. It. Is." I said with each hit.

Bellamy grabbed my wrists and pulled me close to him. "Stop it."

"No!" I shouted, breaking away from his hold. "You stop it. You doomed everyone on the Ark."

His eyebrows met together. "What do you mean?"

"I mean the Council is going to kill three hundred people to preserve oxygen. And those people won't be the upper class." I jabbed my index finger in his chest. "They'll be our people, and that includes my sister."

"Bellamy!"

Finn came running towards us from my left, with the other two girls behind him, and used his two hands to push the man in questioning. "Where's the radio?"

Bellamy responded with his own shove and stood toe to toe with Finn. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Bellamy Blake? They're looking everywhere for you." Raven said, giving the guy a once over.

That got my attention. The Ark was looking for him? Maybe whatever he did was the reason why he was so against contacting everyone else.

"What did he do?" I asked.

"He shot Chancellor Jaha."

My eyes glued themselves at Bellamy. It all made sense now.

"That's why you took the wristbands." Clarke commented, anger rising in her tone. "Needed everyone to think we're dead."

"And all that 'Whatever the hell we want'? You just care about saving your own skin." Finn said.

Bellamy stared down at the ground, taking all the shots we directed at him, and, somehow, I felt my anger fade away. He saw himself as a killer because of what he did. It explained why he was so torn up about Atom's death. He was still carrying the blame for that and what happened to Charlotte when those two things were not his fault. And he shot Jaha to be with Octavia. If Lily was being sent to a planet with questionable conditions, I would have done everything in my power to make sure I was there with her. I wasn't sure the others would understand that.

"He deserved to die. I did everyone a favor." he grunted, walking away.

Raven scoffed. "He's not my favorite person, either, but he isn't dead."