Contents Under Pressure Pt 2

* B E L L A M Y ' S P O V *

"Hey, are you okay?" Miller asked, drawing me away from arguing with Octavia.

He directed the question to Athena who was having trouble staying up right. We all looked at her as she jumbled her words to respond. A moment later, her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and everything turned into slow motion when her body fell forward. My breath caught at my throat, feet glued to the ground. She was going to fall. She was going to fall, and I couldn't react fast to catch her.

Miller reached out and got her right before her face met the metal. The wave of relief unfroze my legs to allow them to cooperate and lead me to her, permitting me to take her in my arms.

"What the hell?" I said, gently lowering her to let her head lay in my lap. It would have seemed like she was sleeping if it wasn't for her face being drenched in sweat and drained of color. I could feel the heat radiating off of her. "What's wrong with her?"

Clarke rushed over to us. "I don't know. I mean, she was acting weird-"

"You noticed, and you didn't do anything to help her?" Octavia snapped.

"She said she was fine, and I took her word for it." Clarke explained, touching Athena's forehead. "She's on fire. Did something happen out there when you guys were looking for Octavia?"

I searched through my memories of the day before and nothing came to mind. We were never once separated the whole time. She was always withing 10 feet of me. "No. Nothing touched her."

"Help me take off her jacket."

I helped by lifting up the upper part of her body so Clarke could peel the leather thing off. She checked Athena's chest and left arm, they were clear, but when she made it to the right arm, there was a medium sized cut with dried blood around it.

My face paled at the sight. It couldn't have been possible. I would have noticed if one of the Grounders hit her or fired a bow. "I don't know how she got that. She stood by me the whole time."

"Wait." Octavia began, realization overtaking her face. "She wasn't. She was by Finn in the cave, remember?" She slowly turned to the Grounder. "He pushed her into the wall and then stabbed Finn. He must have gotten her."

"Oh my god." Clarke mumbled. "She's poisoned, too."

I looked down at Athena, my jaw clenching. Despite my warnings and trying to keep her away, she ended up hurt, just like the others. I shouldn't have let her come along.

In my arms, she started to shake violently, and spit foamed at her mouth.

"Shit, she's seizing." Clarke said, turning Athena onto one side.

I glanced at the blonde before me. "What do I do?"

"Nothing, just keep her on her side until it's done." She grabbed the tin filled with vials and got in the Grounder's face again. "Tell us which one it is. You hurt another one of our friends, and if you don't help, they'll both die." He stared at her. "Answer me!"

"I'll get him to talk." I said, gesturing for Miller to come to me.

Once I was sure he was good by Athena's side, I sped towards the Grounder with my fist reeled back. Octavia caught my arm again before I could land the punch.

"Bellamy, please don't do this."

I tore my arm out of her grasp and looked at Clarke. "If you want them to live, you have to let me do this."

"Clarke!"

She ignored my sister and stared back into my eyes.

The okay was all I wanted. It was what I needed. I was yearning to get my hands on him for what he did. When she nodded, I quickly pulled out my knife, heading to the seats nailed to the wall. I knew what I had to do. I cut off part of the strap with the buckle attached to it and then tore off the Grounder's shirt.