Day Trip Pt 1

Sitting on the ripped out drop ship chair in a tent with a headset over my ears, my left knee bounced uncontrollably as I waited for her to appear on screen.

I was much better after receiving the antidote. My legs were solid, and the headache disappeared, like I was never suffering from pain at all. Clarke, being the doctor she was, triple checked to make sure I really was fine. I let her do it since she had guilt weighing her down from missing the signs of me being poisoned.

There was not a shred of blame in me directed to her. She was concerned about Finn, who was also better and recovering. Having to worry about me would have thrown her off her game and neither Finn or I would have been alive.

The camp had to be fixed thanks to the storm. Parts of the wall were ripped off their places, and tents were overturned. Considering how hard the storm hit us, I was surprised there wasn't any more damage done.

Better knock on wood for that.

"Athena?"

I held in a sob that rose and covered my mouth with a hand, the other falling on the screen.

There she was, Lily. Her silky blonde hair was slightly longer than the last time I saw her, and her blue eyes were bluer than ever. Her face was full and void of any signs of starvation. She looked healthy, exactly how I wanted her to be.

"Hey, kid." I giggled, my eyeballs glued to her form.

She rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. "Hi."

I brushed back a few tears that trailed down my cheeks. "I-I-How is everything? Are you eating? What about homework? Are the Flemmings taking care of you?"

"Yes, yes. I'm fine." she responded, giving me that look telling me to shut up.

Any other time it would have been jokes none stop, but I had to know how she was. I was worried about her the moment the drop ship left the Ark. Not knowing if she was safe could have drove me insane. "Don't brush me off like that. I haven't seen or spoken to you in so long. I thought you were one of three hundred people, Lily."

Her face dropped. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you thought that."

"We only knew about it because Raven came down here. Other than that, we've been in the dark." I explained, wanting her to understand.

"Sorry. How is it on Earth?" she asked.

I bit my lip. How was I supposed to tell a 15 year old kid the place she fantasized visiting was a planet full of angry survivors and conditions that would kill her in an instant? She mind wouldn't have been able to handle it.

"Tough." I summed up. "Really tough, but somehow, we're getting by. But with this camera stuff running, we'll be able to think of a plan to get you guys here." I said. "We'll be together, hopefully very soon."

Lily played with the bracelet on her wrist. It was a birthday gift from her mother, right before she was floated. Whenever she was anxious about anything, she'd fiddle with it until something else directed her thought process. "It sounds scary, though. I heard someone talk about Grounders and how they killed some of you."

Guess she knew more than I expected.

"I know, we're figuring out how to deal with them. Don't worry about it."

I found myself staring at her, taking in the way she looked. I just wanted her in my arms. It was all I asked.

"What?" Lily questioned, her fingers slipping off the bracelet.

I fought back a smile. "Nothing. So, please, tell me about things that're going on. Seriously."

She pursed her lips in thought. "Um, I've been eating, going to school, getting my homework done, and talking to some people. Oh, I-" Lily held her tongue and darted her eyes away from the camera. "Never mind."