Earth Skill Pt 2

I caught up with everyone else, the knife hidden away between the waist band of my jeans and belt and covered by my jacket. I was already a bit out of breath. Compared to the Ark, walking wasn't much of a problem because there were clear hallways. Down here? There were rocks to step over, inclines to climb, thick bushes to go through. It wasn't a simple walk to the bathroom.

"Hold up. What's the rush?" Bellamy questioned, swinging his gun around. "You don't survive a spear through the heart."

"Idiot, put the gun away." I said. I should have kept my mouth shut, cause Murphy got in my face.

"Gonna do something about it, babe?"

I jabbed my finger into his chest, and lowered my voice. "I'd watch your mouth if I were you, dumbass. Because I'll take that pretty little knife of yours and shove it so far up your-"

"Jasper screamed when they moved him." Clarke interrupted before I could finish my sentence.

I didn't mind. Murphy was already shrinking back to his master.

"If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. Doesn't mean we have time to waste."

Bellamy snatched her right arm. "As soon as these wristbands are off," he said, using the gun to point to hers and mine. "we can go."

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead, is if I'm dead. Got it?" she told him, taking back her arm.

"Brave princess." Bellamy provoked, a smirk forming.

I heard footsteps coming from behind us, from camp. I turned to see Finn sauntering over to us. It was about time he showed up.

"Find your own nickname." he said, announcing his much awaited presence to all of us. "You call this a search party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Wells with me and Clarke. Athena, with them." he instructed, moving ahead.

I almost protested, but it was too late, he and the other two on his team walked far from us, leaving me with the assholes. Reminding myself that all of this was for Jasper, I began to walk.

Our little search party was quiet, much to my enjoyment. I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"So, I saw you hand Octavia a letter. What's in it, sexy lady?" Murphy asked, shattering my peace and quiet.

"Remember that old super villain who always asked everyone how he got his scars and then proceeded to torture them after?" I shot back, going around a tree.

"What about him?"

I glanced back at him as I walked. "I'll do the same to you if you don't stop with the names."

"Murphy, shut up." Bellamy warned, probably realizing I could possibly stay true to my word. He didn't know I was bluffing. "What letter?"

I groaned. "None of your damn business."

"We're going to be down here for while. Wouldn't hurt to get to know each other." he reasoned, coming up to walk by my side.

I picked up the pace, but he instantly matched my speed. Stupid long legs. "I would rather not share my life story with someone who's so adamant on preventing the Ark, filled with innocent people, from coming down here and is clearly running away from something."

"Hey, I'm not running from anything. I just don't have anyone I care about stuck up there so I say to hell with everyone else."

I halted and spun toward him. "Yeah, well, some of us do!" I fumed, my nails digging hard into my palms. "And I'll be damned if I let you do anything to ruin their chances of survival."