Earth Skills Pt 1

I woke up, sun hitting my face. After the confrontation with pretty much everyone in camp, Wells and I gathered as much water as we could. Luckily, there were some people who didn't want to take off their wristbands and offered to help as well. When the rain stopped, we placed the whatever we used to catch the rain at the center of camp.

My nap didn't make me any less tired, so Wells and I found a spot to sleep right after.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, turning to wake him only to find his spot empty. I didn't even hear him leave. Rising to my feet, I began to trek around camp, looking for the guy. Eventually, I found him in a sweaty mess a bit outside of the camp boundaries.

"Morning." I greeted as he shoveled dirt into two long rectangles. "Whatcha doing?" There was a pile of clothes and shoes off the the side.

"I'm burying the two that died when we landed." he said, sticking the shovel on the ground. "Figured they should get a proper burial."

"Oh," I responded. "That's nice of yo- wait. Where's your wristband?"

His right arm was bare. I think I would have noticed if he decided to get it taken off last night.

He put his jacket back on and went over to the pile of clothes and shoes. "Ask Bellamy and his minions."

My eyes widened. "They jumped you last night? When? While we were sleeping?" His silence answered the question. "God! I'm going to-"

"What, Athena? What's done is done. Anything you do now won't change the fact it's off." he said, picking up the stuff.

I sighed. He was right. It was too late. I don't think it would have made a difference if I was there when it happened either.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry."

He nodded, and we started to head back to the main area.

"Listen, you've been working for a while. Let me get you some water," I said, breaking away.

I turned right and towards the place where we had the water. People were still running around like crazy, not as bad as last night, but still pretty bad. I passed two people practically having sex out in the open. Gross.

I made it to the bin and grabbed two metal cups that were stored in the drop ship, scooping water inside them. Maybe if I had gone a bit faster, I would have avoided running into Murphy and his little posse. I'll never know.

"Good morning, hot stuff." he said, his stance as if he was a badass.

"Don't call me that." I barked, squeezing the cups tightly.

He shrugged his shoulders, crossing his arms. "Figured since you were so keen on giving me nicknames, might as well give you one of my own. I can't deny that you're smoking so it's fitting."

"Get out of my way." I said, moving to walk past him, but he and his friends blocked my path.

"You know, I was thinking."

"With that peanut sized brain?"

His friends laughed but stopped when Murphy gave them a death stare. He dropped the expression and put on a fake smile that made the hair on the back of my neck to stand.

"I was thinking that since you are determined to keep that wristband on, we could use your help sending a message back to the Ark." he said.

Whatever he meant by that was nothing good. "I'll pass." I turned around to leave again, but found two more of his goons waiting for me.

"That's the thing, hot stuff." Murphy said as they closed in on me. "It's not really a suggestion. Grab her."

The two behind me immediately latched onto my arms. Dropping the cups, I struggled to break away, but they were too strong.