Murphy's Law Pt 1

I never expected to find Wells dead. They said it was the Grounders who got him since he happened to be outside of the wall, but I didn't believe that. It wouldn't have made sense. Why would they only kill one person when the entire camp was indefensible?

It had to have been one of the prisoners. A lot of them were thrown in the Sky Box for murder, so the possible idea of any one of them doing it shouldn't have been tossed aside. Everyone in that camp wanted him gone; some a bit more adamant than others.

Murphy definitely crossed my mind, but if he really killed Wells, it would have been a bit more obvious. I'd imagined him showing off.

Of course, no one seemed to have cared long enough to help figure out who really did it and moved on to fortifying the camp. I understood, safety first, but the killer was loose inside camp. If anything, we were keeping the real threat in instead of out.

Jasper was finally better. The reason Clarke, Finn, and Wells were out and about before was to gather a special seaweed that had medical properties to it. Thanks to the seaweed, Jasper woke up and was no longer in pain. I was glad to be able to introduce myself properly so I wasn't just one of the people who decided to save him.

Hopefully he was the last person I'd have to greet in a while because I was getting tired of saying, "Hi. My name is Athena."

I was outside with Charlotte, tying a few long pieces of wood together. I didn't know what it was for, but Murphy was yelling at everyone who didn't do anything. Which was ironic considering he was doing absolutely nothing and standing off to the side with Bellamy.

Bellamy; the person who wouldn't stop staring at me. I did my best to avoid making eye contact with him, but it wasn't easy. I found myself stealing some looks at him, too.

"Oh, careful." I said, blushing as I tore away from his memorizing brown eyes. "If you wrap it like that, it won't stay tight." I advised, reaching over and adjusting the cord Charlotte had just touched.

She sighed. "Sorry. I thought it was fine."

"Hey," I squeezed her hand. "not everything is going to be perfect. We just keep trying with the help of others. Always remember that."

The young girl smiled. "Okay."

I smiled back and went back to the cord. Two guys went past us, carrying a long log, when one of them, Myles, fell to his knees. I released the cord and walked over to him.

"Are you alright?"

He nodded in response.

"Hey!" Murphy shouted, approaching us with the nonexistent swagger he thought he had. "You think the Grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?"

I rolled my eyes and went back to Charlotte and the cord. "Oh, shut up, Murphy."

"I just need some water, okay? Then I'll be fine." the guy said, wiping his forehead with his arm.

Bellamy came over to us. "Murphy, get this guy some water." he ordered.

Murphy walked off, not without sending a glare in my direction. I lifted a taunting eyebrow as he went.

"Hey," Bellamy began, gaining both of our attentions. "you got this?" he asked Charlotte.

She was quick to let go of the cord and make her way to the log, but he stopped her.

"Just kidding." he said, lifting up the log to his shoulder and carrying it away.

I chuckled as she came back to help me. That girl was so determined to act older that she'd do anything to prove it. I had finished creating a tight knot when Murphy came back, unzipping his pants and urinating on Myles.