Murphy's Law Pt 2

I was able to get Charlotte to the tent from earlier before the crowd could get to us, Bellamy, Clarke, and Finn coming along. I couldn't stop pacing back and forth as I listened to everyone gather just outside the tent.

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Murphy shouted, angry and ready for his own revenge.

"Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy asked the girl.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me." she explained.

"Oh my, god!" I cried out, covering my mouth and remembering the conversation from the cave.

Wells was her demon, and she took his advice literally. Now, someone who I considered my friend was dead, and the camp wanted justice. We were fucked.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke asked.

Bellamy's face paled. "She misunderstood me. Charlotte, that is not what I meant."

"Bring the girl out!"

Charlotte panicked at my side. "Please don't let them hurt me."

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Bellamy advised, but Clarke and Finn remained quiet.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I snapped. "Now you decide to keep to yourselves?"

"Those are his boys out there." Finn shot at me, as if it wasn't Clarke's fault for rallying up the entire camp.

"This is not my fault. If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall." Bellamy said.

Murphy spoke again. "You want to build a society, princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out."

I took a deep breath and went towards the tent flaps. "Figure something out, fast." I hissed, coming face to face with a bloody Murphy.

"Well, if it isn't my knight in shining armor." Murphy announced as I stood before him. "Ready to help me give that little bitch what she deserves?"

I crossed my arms. "Murphy, you need to stop this, okay? She's just a scared little kid."

He laughed at me. "Look, I know you're still high off of trying to save me and everything, but that scared little kid killed a friend of yours. According to her royal highness in there, killing one another shouldn't go without punishment."

The crowd behind him shouted, "Yeah!"

"Dial it down and back off." Bellamy commanded, appearing next to me. He should have stayed back in the tent.

Murphy got closer and in his face. "Or what, Bellamy? What are you gonna do about me? Hang me?"

I got between the guys. "Listen, we have to think about this with clear minds. What they did to you was awful, I know, I tried to stop it, but it shouldn't be Charlotte's fate, too. How we handle these kinds of situations shouldn't be handled like it was on the Ark."

It seemed like what I said actually made it through everyone's heads.

"I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy explained.

"Yeah," Murphy started, a grin forming on his face. "yeah, that's a good idea. Why don't we do that right now?" He faced the crowd. "So, who here wants to see the real murderer hung up? All in favor?"

He raised his arm up along with a couple of his buddies. Other than that, they were the only ones.

His arm fell. "I see. So, it's okay to string me up for nothing, but when this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk?!"