18

Despite their best efforts to come first, and an unexpected amount of teamwork, team Bakugo was second place

Despite their best efforts to come first, and an unexpected amount of teamwork, team Bakugo was second place. Irritation and anger blossomed amongst the two who'd landed from their high ground, scaring any of their opponents away from them.

But while everyone though Mizuki was angered by her loss, she was a lot more taken back by Shiozaki's. It was her intent to fight her in the finals, however, her team didn't make it through. Meaning there was no way of here getting any form of revenge. "Shit." She muttered, kicking the dusty ground beneath her in hopes of not acting too petty.

"I lost to that icy hot bastard. Again." Bakugo realised, picking himself up from the ground.

"You're not the only one." Mizuki scoffed. "Turns out, Shiozaki didn't even get through. What a waste."

"So what? She probably isn't even worth a fight." He questioned, but either way, he was a little happy that he'd at least be fighting Akaguro, along with potentially fighting Todoroki too. The two other strongest students, however, he was slightly concerned about his chance of fighting Akaguro, because he was the only one who knew her secret.

"Yeah, but she deserved a fist to the face or two. This was the only way I could do that without getting in trouble."

"What'd she do to you?" Bakugo wondered, he had asked before, but Mizuki just avoided the question. Judging by the unfazed look on her face, she wasn't going to tell him now either.

"Nothing important." She disregarded and turned her attention to Present Mic, who was announcing the next course of action.

"Now for a lunch break before the afternoon festivities! See ya!" He signalled off, allowing the crowd to disperse towards the food stalls.

Mizuki's face lit up at the mention of food, she was starving, both the first and second rounds had taken a lot out of her, it was finally time to replenish her strength in the form of sushi, which her sister made for her. So, as soon as she was given the chance, the girl strolled towards the 1A waiting room, where she'd left her bag and took out her bento box.

"Hey, teeth." Bakugo followed her, she didn't really know why, maybe he was still pressing the matter of Shiozaki, but she wouldn't tell him, it was a little embarrassing.

"Hm?" She questioned, as he grabbed her arm and practically dragged her away from the path to the cafeteria. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?" She protested, but didn't get much of a response.

"We need to talk."

"If it's about Shiozaki, I'm not interested." She replied. "Come on, I'm starving." The vampire complained.

"You can eat after we talk." He continued and eventually, Mizuki gave in and just followed him regardless of her hunger.

When they finally reached a tunnel, Bakugo stopped. He'd found the solitude and privacy he'd been searching for, now all he had to do was talk to her without scaring her off. But given what he knew, Mizuki wouldn't just leave, she'd likely stick around ad try to prove her innocence rather than avoid it.