22

It was inevitable

It was inevitable. Her fight with Bakugo was unavoidable, however, she still hoped it wouldn't happen. The possibility of her winning was 50:50, but she could tell he had something up his sleeve for their fight- that much was clear when he first challenged her, asking her to access her full potential.

He wasn't the only one telling her to break her control. Okimi seemed to think it would be good for her too, assuring her that sometimes heroes had to make sacrifices and that the pros should understand her circumstances, besides, she'd seen everyone else fight in previous festivals, they were equally as brutal.

But was Mizuki willing to stoop so lowly? Her quirk was supposed to be kept a secret in that aspect, she'd already heard the terrible nicknames she'd been given in middle school. Bloodsucker. Demon. Villain. She couldn't go through that again.

Taking a deep breath, Mizuki waited in her assigned room, hoping the quiet would help her think clearer. It didn't. She could still hear the crowd, the cheers, the boos. It made her stomach churn in disapproval.

"Akaguro?" Someone knocked on her door, quietly saying her name from the outside.

"Who is it?" She questioned loudly, not bothering to open the closed door. Entering the room, came Shinsou, the last person Mizuki expected to see, especially after his match with Midoriya was such a failure. Though, he did get a punch in, hitting a vital point that Mizuki had previously explained to him.

"I bet you're pissed." He stated as he casually sat beside her. It was a change from the introverted way he'd spoken to her previously, meaning he had to have changed to make her feel better about the fight. As thoughtful as it was, she still felt uneasy.

"Not as pissed as you." She returned. "It looked like you were gonna win until he snapped out of it."

"It's never happened before." The boy agreed. His voice displaying his hurt. "But your fight with Shiozaki was something. Went straight for the kill with that punch." He tried to cheer her up, unaware that his words were only making her more irritated.

A killer punch wasn't what she'd wanted at the time. She wanted to see her beg for mercy, apologise for calling her a villain and suffer through the mass of pain she deserved. Yet Shiozaki was too weak to handle her rage. One punch and she was out. How pathetic.

"Not what I had in mind, but at least I won." Mizuki shrugged. "Now I've got to fight Bakugo." She sighed.

"You'll win." Shinsou reassured, without his heart rate increasing, he wasn't lying. So he really believed in her?

"That's what I'm afraid of." She revealed, her head lowering in the process. "I thought if I came to UA, no one would need to know about that part of my quirk. The reason why everyone called me bloodsucker. But Bakugo knows, and he wants a real fight."

Shinsou nodded in understanding. He, too, had been afraid of showing his quirk to the world, but he needed the hero course, and deep down, Mizuki wanted to win, he knew it. "Then give him a real fight. If the pros are scared of you then that's their problem. And who cares if you get called a bloodsucker, as long as you know you're not a villain then that's all that matters."