Chapter 13

Standing at the start-line, he was doing one last check up on his car. Looking over his engine bay, he was a bit unsure if the rotary engine would make it, on the other side he was quite sure, the engine he build would last at least 3/4th of the run. Looking up, he saw that a Nissan Silvia S14 pulled up next to him. Tanaka stepped out of the car and greeted him, his crew parked there cars opposite of his own crew.

"Oh, perfect! You made it." Izuku said to him and shook his hand.

"I have to say, the whole place is locked down and we didn't pass any other cars on the way up here." Tanaka stated back.

"Well we did organize this as a official race and closed off the mountain. On the other hand, I would have never guessed to see so many spectators tonight."

The two of them continued there little chat, while they waited for the okay from the guys at the finish line. After about 10 minutes, the two of them got into there respective cars and readied themselfs. Clipper walked up to the start line and took in the roll as reverie.

He put up his hand and signaled the two of them, questioning if they where ready, he received a nod from both of them. Dropping his hand, you could hear the tires of both cars screeching and speeding off, Tanaka taking the leading position and Izuku the chasing position. Speeding down the straightaway, taking the first couple small turns, Izuku felt great.

"Man, I forgot how much fun this car is?!" He was surprised that his RX7 FC3S was still going strong. He was glued to Tanakas rear bumper, following him into every turn, drifting through them with speed and style. The sound of the four rotary engine was heard throughout the whole mountain. Coming up to a right hand turn, Izuku downshifted into third gear and clutch kicked, to the point that his front wheel lifted off the ground, because of the spontaneous shifting weight of the car.
Tanaka on the other hand was doing quite well himself. Taking every corner as close as possible to the crash bar or drain gutter. The two of them Tandems throughout the whole corse, giving the audience a nice show. They came up on a left hand turn, drifting through it and reached the first set of hairpins, both of them upshifting and redlining there cars.

Tanaka felt that he was loosing grip on his tires, but he did a huge mistake, he didn't glance over at his Vacuum gauge, indicating that his head gasket blew. There was a loud bang and Tanakas engine turned itself off, slamming the wheels shut and made him wash out right in front of the right hand hairpin. Izuku on the other hand couldn't react in time and before he knew it, he crashed into Tanakas, driver's side of the car, sending him straight into the mountain side. Izuku on the other hand jerked in his seat and slammed his head into his steering wheel and was knocked out. His rear end of his car was lifted off the ground and slammed down onto the crash barrier, sliding along it, hitting a fixed pillar, sending the car back off and turning it 180 degrees, slamming the passenger side against the crash barrier and coming to a complete stop. The crowed went silent, Silver instantly informed the two crews and Jess called an ambulance for each driver, thinking the worst case scenario.

Slowly waking up, Izuku felt numb all over his body. Opening his eyes, the first thing he saw was the white hospital sealing. Turning his head, he saw Tanaka laying on a bed to his left. Groaning he slowly picked himself up, trying to seat himself. Though he failed, he found the remote to the bed and lifted his back up, so he could see what was around him. Looking at the situation he was in, it was quite dire.

"Fuck me...what happened...?" He spoke to himself. Suddenly the door to the room opened and he heard something dropping to the floor. Looking at the person standing there, it was his mother, Bakugo and Yaoyorozu.

"...Izuku...?" The three of them questioned.

"That's the name i have been assigned too, at birth." He said bluntly, clearly in pain and under the influence of the drug's. Before anyone else could bring out a word, Momo dropped all her things and ran up to him, embracing him in a hug.

"Fuck!" He shouted in pain.

"Thank goodness your alright." Momo said and loosened her grip, knowing he was still in pain. Looking at him, he didn't have any mayor injuries, the only visible one being the band aide wrapped around his head.

"So... what happened...?"

"I think this video will explain what happened." Bakugo showed him a video of the crash.

"..." he didn't say anything, just looked over at Tanakas, to see the extent to his injuries. Tanaka wasn't as lucky as Izuku, he suffered a broken arms, a concussion and broke the right side of his hip.

"So... how long was I out?"

"You have been in a coma for two weeks now." Momo pointed out and held him tightly. "Tanaka on the other hand..." at that moment a doctor entered the room and was surprised to see him awake.

"Good radiance, your awake. Well then Mr. Midoriya, Good to see you awake again." The greenet nodded. "Your autopsy results say, you suffered a huge concussion and broke 3 ribs. I must say, in the state your car was, you are one lucky guy to survive that crash."

"Thank you doctor, but what about my friend over there." Izuku pointed to Tanaka, at least he tried to.

"Well the extend of his injuries are far more complex than yours Mr. Midoriya. He suffered a major concussion, severe inner bleeding, blood loss, a broken hip, arm and 4 ribs, which of one pierced his left lung. But then again if it weren't for the roll cage in his car, the injuries could have been far more fatal."

"...Fuck..." he was taken back, he felt pity for the man, he did run into him with at least 160km/h after all. Looking down, Momo was laying on his lap, still hugging him. Gently stroking through her hair, he smiled at the rich girl.
'I guess I should turn down on the recklessness a bit' he thought to himself.

End of chapter.