32: Promises

Calum Hood

Three years. It's been a long time. I stepped out of the plane doors and again, I'm back in Los Angeles. The place where I met my love. The place where I met the happiness in my life.

Flashing lights and cameras were being hit in me. I got used to it. Taking pictures with fans and signing autographs was a part of our job. I love our fans, they made us for who we are.

But, there's one thing that's missing.

It's her presence.

I didn't see her at the airport today. Maybe she plans to surprise me or do a party. I don't know. All I wanna do is see her, hug her and kiss her.

Handling a long distance relationship was never easy. Voice mails, Skype calls, FaceTime. We did those every single day just to prolong the love we had vowed on ourselves. I admit, it's really hard. She always runs in my mind. She captured my heart, and it captivated me when there's one time that my sister saw her on Skype. I was afraid that they would get mad. But, no. They were beyond happy for me that I found another girl that would make me happy for the rest of my life.

My dad met her through Skype, too. They both got along well. She was way more worried than me. Ally always reminds my dad to drink his medicines and to always pray to God. She made him happy, of course I am too.

Before I got back to the airport, my dad talked to me. I got really nervous though he's my dad. And I am afraid that he might break down in front of me. I can't bare that situation anymore.

I was unloading my suitcase when a hand grabbed my shoulder. It was him. He smiled at me. "Son," He breathed. "Take care of yourself, okay?" I simply nodded and smiled at him. "Don't worry about me, dad. All I need to worry is you. You need to be safe, too." I said to him. He chuckled. This is the first time I ever heared him chuckle at me. "And, also," he started. "Make your girl happy. She made everyone in the house smile. I like her a lot, even your mom likes her too. She's like Mali, they got along so well. I wish she would stay like that." My father said.

Before I could process everything that is happening, I hugged him. I will also miss him. He was my biggest inspiration in what I do. He's always there when no one was. Until Ally came, and changed everything.

I walked towards the airport doors and waved one last goodbye to my family. I already miss them. But, I made a promise that I'll come back home soon.

A familiar black limo welcomed me. I already saw a curly-headed boy, the blonde looking guy with a lipring and a man with his highlighted hair.

But, there's one person missing.

As soon as the limo stopped in front of me, Luke Hemmings went out of the car and enveloped me into a bone-crashing hug. "Hey, mate! We've missed you!" I laughed and hugged him back. "I've missed you too, mate. You sound like a lost girl." He frowned and I earned a light punch from him in the arm. Ashton hugged me after Luke. He seems so happy, though. "How's the flight?" He promptly asked, giving me his always wide smile. "It was tiring, man. But it's all worth it." I smiled. Michael ran to me and hugged me. It made me jump from where we were all standing. He squealed like a teenage girl. "Calum came back! Oh my God, did you bring a kangaroo?" This shit. I wanted to kick him in the ass but it made me laugh histerically. "No, mate. I didn't bring a kangaroo. It wouldn't fit in here." I patted my suitcase beside me.

After that, we hoped into the car. It seems that the boys were so quiet. I didn't know what's happening, really. I broke the silence that has been visiting our limo for two straight hours now.

"What's with you guys? Did I miss something?" I said. They all shook their gazes on me. Ashton began speaking. "It's nothing ma-" I cut him off. "No! There's something I don't know that's happening. Where is Ally? What happened to my girl?" I asked in a serious tone, but no one dared to answer back.