ninety.

2nd October
the move

📍Buenos Aires , Argentina 🇦🇷
➟ ▪︎ Rosarío

EMILY SQUINTED HER eyes and frantically looked around her , only sighing in relief when she saw Antonella , Celia and Louise on the other side of the plane. everyone was awake , except for her.

she sat up straight in her seat , taking the blanket off and stretching her limbs out. she rubbed her eyeballs , in order to wake up decently.

"you okay?" Leo asked as he came back with two cups and handed one to her. Emily smiled and took it gratefully , taking a sip and immediately tasting the hot chocolate.

"yeah i am" she replied , deeply focused on her hot chocolate , causing the ex-footballer to laugh and slightly ruffle her black hair. Leo sat back in the seat next to his daughter and let his eyes travel over her facial features.

there were days when he just admired how everytime he looked at her , he could see him and Valentina. and everytime he looks at her , he couldn't believe she was his. he couldn't believe she was real.

Emily snapped her father out of his trance with a slight frown. "what? am i ugly?" she asked and he laughed wholeheartedly.  "no , i'm just thinking and my eyes happened to be on you" he told his daughter who looked satisfied with the answer.

"we're about to land" Leo turned and saw his father came back frm the front and he nodded his head.

his sister and brothers were also on the other side of the jet , having coversations with his wife while the children played.

normally , Leo would go sit with them, but once he saw his daughter had woken up , he went to her with the hot chocolate.

"have you talked to anyone back in Barcelona yet?" Leo asked and watched as the girl shook her head and her eyes saddened. "not yet. probably when we land. I miss them though" she spoke.

Leo put his cup of hot chocolate down and pulled the girl down to lay in his arms , being careful not to spill her hot chocolate.

his smile widened when he felt her snuggling into hima and getting comfortable. "we'll see them again" he reassured her and she slightly nodded her head.

"i know" she spoke and took a sip of her drink. Leo looked at the gold locket she has on and took it between his fingers. "this is beautiful" he said and Emily's eyes lit up and she sit up in her seat.

she opened the locket with her free hand and Leo's eyes softened once he saw the picture of her and Valentina. "she made it for me before she even died. I think she knew she was going to pass soon , that's why she gave this. she told me to always remember her" Emily smiled.

"i want to get one of us all too" she spoke , looking up and Leo smiled. "well , we first need to get a new family photo with you in it" he said and she nodded her head with a smile before drinking her hot chocolate.

Leo put his cup down once he was done and Emily did the same. they buckled themselves in the seats and so did everyone else on the jet. Emily put her hand out for Leo to hold and he caught on before holding her hand as they waited for the jet to land.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

as soon as Emily exited the jet , she was welcomed with the warm air and she actually regretted putting on a hoodie before checking the weather of Rosarío on her phone.