7. True power

At the hero association headquarters.

Agoni: First, the investigation in Q-city, S class superhero, Watchdog Man. "Nothing out of the ordinary."
••••: Nothing out of the ordinary ? He lost focus again. Q-city was one of the areas most affected by the monsters.
Agoni: Perhaps what he meant was "Since I'm here, there won't be a problem". Watchdog Man has always been good at protecting his city.

The bald old man didn't say anything more.

Agoni: Next problem. This is a report from city W, the person in charge of this report is Heavy Kong, "nothing out of the ordinary". Now city H...

Agoni read all the reports the heroes sent in. The association is having a headache about the destruction of cities B and D last week. The influence of mutants makes things very complicated.

The leader of the terrorist group was seen walking down the street in a corporate uniform. Sneck is keeping an eye on him now.

Agoni: That's all.
••••: What about city Z ? There are some rumors of monsters appearing in the suburbs of city Z
Agoni: No reports yet. To see the situation in city Z, two A class superheroes were sent.
••••: I heard there's an S class superhero there.
••••: Right. I heard that the new S class hero is currently living in city Z. Can't that person handle this ?

It's not that they haven't thought of this. It's just that [Y/n] rarely responds to calls or messages from the association. She always answered when it was too late. Furthermore, they still hadn't fully investigated the case of her monsters attacking city Z over a year ago.

Agoni: For the time being, that hero is not yet capable of doing this and needs to learn more.

[Y/n]: ...they said so. So now every time I go to do any mission assigned by the association, I have to have him follow me.
Saitama: So troublesome. But we can't do anything. It was you who said that. Anyway, it's good to be self-aware of your own shortcomings.
[Y/n]: They asked me about the riots in Z City over a year ago. The one that was caused by the Kuros. I told them it was because I lost control of my creatures at the time, but they didn't seem to believe me.
Saitama: If you need, I can ask Genos for help. They might believe him.
[Y/n]: It's fine. I don't care if they believe me or not.

[Y/n] rests her head on Saitama's back. Saitama, who was carrying her on his back, slowed down when he realized she was falling to sleep.

They just came back from the supermarket. The place where they live is the suburbs, which is considered a ghost town, so there are almost no people living in this area.

Saitama: Hmm ?

They encounter a Kombu monster.

'''Oh, are there still people living here ?'''
[Y/n]: Sai, now that I remember, we forgot to buy Kombu soup stock.
Saitama: Oh yeah, I totally forgot.

The deserted area on the outskirts of city Z was once marked as dangerous should still be only entered with caution. There's a rumour going around that there are several more powerful monsters residing in said area.

This has not been confirmed yet, but the heroes that were sent as reinforcement found trails of destruction hinting at the existence of such being.

'''Dunno what I would do if I ran into such monster.'''

The heroes couldn't help but get goosebumps when they saw the giant hole in the building, which was Saitama's work.

Lightning Max picked up the leftover Kombu from the scene, examining it carefully.