24. The sibling

At the Hero Association, the next morning,

••••: Last night, mister Muffintop from our organization has been attacked by some lunatic.

They believed Garou was only after heroes, but suddenly even the sponsors are being targeted, too.

They only began to consider Garou a threat after discovering that he had defeated Tanktop Master and the Tanktop team on his own.

Bang certainly created a monster.

••••: Let's raise the alarm.

To assure the protection of the sponsors, the association planned to have an S-rank hero accompany them every time they go out.

••••: But it seems the S-class have their hand full with the recent monster activities.
••••: What are you saying ? The safety of our sponsors is top priority right now.
••••: How about we just ask Baal for help ? I believe she is more than capable of protecting all of our sponsors on her own.

People began to discuss this with each other privately.

Baal is a great candidate, but the officials can't help but be concerned. She is also fairly arrogant, like Tatsumaki, and her creatures are unpredictable.

Her creatures may attack indiscriminately and even hurt innocent people. They require their master's presence.

Furthermore, Baal once protested about the organization sending her as a personal bodyguard for a sponsor.

••••: Anyway, try calling her.

Garou hums while marking the pictures hanging on the wall in a small, deserted barn in the woods.

The wall was covered in photos of the heroes. [Y/n]'s photo was in the center, but her face was hidden by smudged pen traces.

The officer tried to call [Y/n], but as always, she didn't pick up.

Meanwhile, [Y/n] is attempting to fix the wig on Saitama's head with wig tape. It didn't go so well.

Saitama's head itched from the wig tape.

[Y/n]: How about we use glue ?
Saitama: No ! Do not put glue on my head !
[Y/n]: If you had informed me this sooner, I could have gone out and got something else better. We only have wig tape and glue now. Pick one.

Saitama's forehead creased.

Genos: Teacher, we're gonna be late.
Saitama: Let's forget about these. I'll be fine.
[Y/n]: Well, it's your choice.

They set out towards the stadium where the tournament was being conducted.

Genos bought a ticket for him and a ticket for [Y/n], even though she didn't ask.

This handsome cyborg is like that one crazy rich friend who will buy you anything. Not sure how he acquired that much money, though.

[Y/n] already knew how this competition is going to end, but she wanted to capture those moments on her camera.

She isn't sure what will happen during the tournament because she stopped reading the manga a long time ago.

She just remembers that there will be a big attack at some point.

'After having a hero name, my photo was posted on the Hero Association's website. Garou must have seen it by now.'
*[Y/n]*

She wonders if Garou will also hunt her, since his target is heroes.

Genos returned to his seat a few moments later with popcorn and soft drinks.

The presence of two S-class heroes shocked and excited everyone. People came up to them, asking for autographs and photos.