Ch. 15: Deep Anger

The next day, Anne was the first to wake up. She let out a small canine like yelp as she stood up and stretched on the bed before she shifted back to human.

"That was the best sleep I've had in months." Anne said to herself.

She walked to the window and saw the sun begin to rise. Anne smiled at the warming rays before taking a deep breath, sighing in relief of the fresh air.

"I could get used to this."

Anne reached into her pocket and pulled out the royal credit card, seeing it was still with her and Sprig hadn't used it while she slept.

"Good."

Anne turned to the Plantars and saw them sleeping peacefully in hotel robes and towels on their heads.

'Guess they embraced the hotel lifestyle after I went to sleep.' Anne thought as she walked to the service phone in the room. 'I think I'll surprise them with some room service breakfast. Yeah, I could get used to this card.'

Anne made the order and went to the bathroom to shower, looking forward to modern fixtures again while in Newtopia. She... may have spent five minutes just kissing the sink faucet, but she spent the last several months in a basement, can you blame her?

'Whoever judges me for this, can kiss my furry ass.' Anne thought before getting into the shower and feeling the hot water, 'It reminds me of the first time I experienced rain as a puppy.'

After Anne was done, shot turned into a wolf and shook her fur dry as much as she could before wrapping herself in a towel. She couldn't wait to see this city. But first, she would have breakfast, check with the King and Marcy, and THEN take a large tour over the city. Anne knew it would some time, but she was more than willing to wait if it meant that she would get back home. A knocking came and knocked Anne out of her thoughts.

"Room service, Ms. Boonchuy!" The newt said through the door.

"Thank you!" Anne said.

Anne walked and opened the door, taking the cart as the newt held his hand out for a tip. Anne reached into her hair and pulled out some coppers, placing them in his hand.

"Here you go." Anne said with a smile.

"Thank you for your generosity." He said with a nod before leaving.

"Alright, breakfast."

The smell of the food, various fruits and meats on the cart, helped the family slowly wake up and yawn as they sat up on the beds.

"What smells delicious?" Polly asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Breakfast."

"Breakfast?" Sprig asked as he opened his eyes, filling them with wonder. "Fancy breakfast!"

Anne grabbed a lot of meat.

"Yep and fancy meats too. I can't wait to see how they compare to Wartwood." Anne said, taking a big bite of the juicy and tender insect meat, "Oh, this is better than anything I hunted down with my parents."

"What about back in Wartwood?" Hop Pop asked, coming over to take some food himself.

"Still not better than this." Anne replied.

"Oh, it can't be that good." Hop Pop said, taking a bite, "Oh my frog! This is the best thing I've ever eaten!"

"Give me some!" Polly shouted, jumping face first into one of the dishes and eating without shame. "So good!"

Sprig came over and ate too. He nearly ate the whole plate before spitting it back out while chewing his food!

"Oh, this is so good."