Ch. 23: Dinner Time

They group made it back to Wartwood, with Anne glad to be back in her "Home".

"It feels good to be back." Anne said before taking a deep whiff, taking in the air of her territory.

"I'm sure everyone else will be happy to see you too, Anne." Hop Pop said, fully rehydrated like Polly, Sprig, and Grime.

"Ah, it's nice to take a couple days to relax after that." Marcy said.

"I'm just glad we made sure the factory was shut down." Sasha said.

"I still think more Frobo's would've been cool." Polly muttered, crossing her arm nubs.

"I do too but too many could've been bad." Sprig said, being reasonable.

"Never thought I'd live to see the day Sprig was being responsible." Anne said.

"That must mean something bad is coming." Polly said, joking a bit.

"Not funny, sis." Sprig said.

"Yes it is." Polly said as she jumped in Frobo. "Come on, Frobo! Let's head home."

"I'm going to go check out my territory, see if someone's been there." Anne said.

"Again?" Marcy asked.

"You can't be too careful." Anne said.

"Besides, I need a calming run." Anne said, shifting into a wolf and running into town.

"Okay, so what about us?" Sasha asked, gesturing to herself and Grime.

"I suppose we'll have to calm down the town once they see you." Hop Pop said.

"Yeah, you did hold us prisoner last time you were here." Sprig said.

"Once again, that was just the job." Grim said to them.

"You still enjoyed it too much." Sprig said.

"Trust me, if you're this annoying all the time then I won't be doing that again."

"Good. Now, just wait here and we'll come back for you." Hop Pop said.

When people saw the wolf, they waved to her.

"Hey, Anne's back!"

"Hey Anne!"

"Good to see you!"

Anne just barked in response as she kept running through the town. It felt nice to be greeted with smiling faces and waving hands after a crazy journey. It helped relax her as she sniffed for any animal that tried to invade her home. She made sure the entire town was fine and didn't smell any animals.

'Everything is good. Time to head home.' Anne thought, turning forwards the Plantar family farm.

She made it home and walked over to a small water hole made for her. She started lapping it up.

'Nothing like a fresh drink of water while on patrol.' Anne thought, finding the water to be pretty good even if it's not from a glass.

Anne shifted back and walked into the house.

'I wonder if I should check on Maddie? She'll be happy to hear Marcy is back in town.' Anne thought.

First thing she did though, was sit on the couch and close her eyes.

"Aaaaaaaah." Anne released in relief, leaning back to relax on her favorite spot on the couch.

Not just to sight but also to take naps on when she was in wolf form.

"After that crazy adventure, I am ready to just sit back and relax."

"Us too, Anne." Sprig said as he walked into the house, after seeing Ivy of course.