Ch. 27: Rematch

After a while, they arrived at Newtopia. The guards welcomed them with smiles as Marcy flew down to land in the Fwagon, waving to them. She turned back to human.

"You guys ready?"

"We're ready, Marcy." Anne said, holding the box in her hands.

"Let's POP this sucker open!" Polly cheered, sitting on Frobo's shoulder.

"Then let's get to the castle!" Marcy said.

They group left the Fwagon and Joe Sparrow as they walked through the city to the castle.

'It's almost time.' Anne, Marcy, and Sasha thought but for all different reasons.

For Anne, it was time to go home. For Marcy, Andrias said before she left with Anne and the Plantars that the box could be used for her and her friends to go on more adventures. For Sasha... it was time for a revolution. Whichever one comes true, is up to when King Andrias gets the box.

"You've returned safely!" Andrias said, smiling as the group walked up to him.

"And with the box fully charged." Anne said, holding the box in her hands. "Now, you just need to show us how it works."

"Gladly." Andrias said, popping his hands. "Let's see if this old king can work some "magic." See what I did there?"

The group had a small laugh as Anne held the calamity box out to him.

'Now's my chance.' Sasha thought, already seeing Grime in position.

She reached behind her back and grabbed a knife. She threw it and it hit Anne's hand, the blade going clean through. Anne dropped the box in shock and bit back a scream. While the box was falling, Grime came out of his hiding place and grabbed it with his tongue.

"ANNE!" The Plantars said in worry!

"What is the meaning of this?!" Andrias asked in shock to Grime.

"Sasha! What are you doing?!" Marcy asked her.

"Oh, don't worry about that Marcy." Sasha said, as Grime handed her the box, "Just... leading a revolution."

"Revolution?!" Anne shouted, gripping the knife and slowly pulling it out of her hand.

"Yeah, the whole, Newts in control thing just doesn't work with me." Sasha said.

Andrais clenched his fist. 1000 years and his goal was so close, he can't let them take the box from him!

"This will not stand! Guards!" Andrias shouted as he pointed to Sasha and Grime. "Seize them!"

Instead of being worried, Sasha and began chuckling at the giant newt "crying wolf" for his guards.

"Oh, I think you'll find your guards to be quite occupied at the moment." Grime said.

"Isn't that right, Grime?" Sasha asked.

"Indeed, after all... I wasn't here at the start for a reason."

A BOOM was heard outside of the castle, making everyone turn to the balcony of the throne room to see smoke rising from the city!

'No!' Andrias, Yunan, and Olivia thought as the latter two rushed and saw the city had practically turned into a war zone!

Newt guards and toad soldiers clashing all over the city as the citizens were running away to find safety! With the King distracted, Grime slammed the hammer into Andrias' knee, taking him down.

"Ugh!" Andrias grunted before Grime forced his head to the ground!

"Stay down, your highness, or this will be more painful." Grime said.