Ch. 21: Temple Prep

After a couple days of relaxing, the group was back in Newtopia, getting ready for the third temple.

"Are you sure you all are ready for this?" Andrias asked them.

"We will be fine, your majesty. After plenty of time to rest, we're ready for the final temple." Marcy said with a smile.

"It's just that this is the most dangerous temple, anyone that's tried to conquer it before, has never returned."

"They didn't expect people like us to try." Anne said, gesturing to herself and Marcy.

"Uh, speaking of people like us... Anne, have you thought about changing your outfit?" Marcy asked.

"What's wrong with it?" Anne asked.

"Uh, there's more stitches than shirt." Marcy said.

"It's still a shirt." Anne said, crossing her arms. "Plus, it doesn't really matter when I transform into a wolf."

"Anne, do not even get me started that please. The point is you need a new outfit and protection!" Marcy said to her, "Besides, I can see blood on it!"

"What? I thought those stains washed out." Anne said, too casually while looking over her shirt.

"Okay, now that is concerning when you're desensitized to your own bloodshed." Andrias said to her.

"My thoughts exactly!" Hop Pop shouted with new worry. "Before we go anywhere, we're getting you some armor, young lady!"

"Oh, come on! Only a portion of it is my blood!" Anne said.

"Still, you could use more protection, Anne." Sprig said, twiddling his fingers.

"Yeah; battle scars are cool but too many can get ugly!" Polly added.

"Marcy, I understand you want what's good for me... but do you think pain does anything to me now?" Anne asked, "My pain tolerance is very high now, that it would take a family of bears to hurt me... also after the haircut incident back home, do you think I'm going to let you even think of trying to give me a make over?"

"Okay, that's fair but I won't be the one making you over." Marcy said.

"Haircut incident?" Sprig asked.

"Wedon'ttalkaboutit!" Marcy quickly said before refocusing. "I know someone else that can help you find the protect you need."

"Oh, I'm going to hate this." Anne groaned.

Allowing herself to be dragged, Anne and the Plantars followed Marcy through Newtopia to a special ship where Marcy got her armor and weapons repaired.

"Oh, yay." Anne said sarcastically.

Marcy pushed Anne into a room.

"Now you just undress and I'll get the person in charge of this." Marcy said.

Anne rolled her eye but turned around and began to pull off her shirt. Marcy got a quick glimpse at more scars on Anne's back that she didn't even know existed. She closed the door and had a regretful look.

"Oh Frog... it's worse than I thought." Marcy said quietly, "Don't worry Anne, we'll get you something that will cover your scars."

Anne didn't hear that from the closed door. The next time the door opened, it was a very... stylish Newt.

"Hello all and what can I help you with?" He asked with a sort of accent.

"I guess you're the person Marcy sent for?" Anne asked.

"Indeed, and I can see why." The newt said, looking at Anne's shirt, "Is that blood?"

"it's not mine." Anne said.