The Epilogue

*Athena*

-two years later-

Love doesn't hurt. Love doesn't break. Love doesn't attract negativity. Love isn't toxic.

Many years ago, I was in a toxic relationship, never thought I'd make it out.

I had only my mother and no father because for my entire life I believed my father was dead, he died before I was even born.

But then I found out the untold horrible truth of another life that I had no idea existed. My father was in the mafia, he was a gang leader and that led to his downfall, it led to my mother's and it led to mine. My mother and I were always at it and I thought she blamed me for the death of my father but she claimed she just wanted to protect me.

I met the love of my life, I fell in love with him and he brought out the best in me and made me happy but it turns out that was a lie, he lived a whole other life that I knew nothing about it and it led to our demise but he did introduce me to the world of BDSM and I became his sub before things ended horribly between us.

Years later and turns out my ex becomes my boss and when we couldn't help but remember everything that happened between us in the past and acted upon it. We were together again but this time, no lies and we became better for each other.

Many years later and I'm now the mother of his children and his wife and we're more than happy. Our lives aren't perfect and we never started that way but never the less we made it work.

"Zane! You're hurting me, get off", my cheeky girl says.

"Zane stop before you hurt your sister terribly", I say.

"Mom she started it, she took my gun", he argued. "Yeah but she's a baby, what harm can she do", I shrug.

I take the toy gun from Sky's hand and give it back to her brother. "C'mon on guys, let's watch the movie before daddy comes home", I smile, grabbing the popcorn off the table.

I hear tiny little footsteps running behind me as I settle into the recliner chair. I put the popcorn on the table and grab the snacks for the kids. My son sits next to me and my daughter nestled into my lap.

"What do you guys want to watch", I asked. "Coco", Sky whispers so her brother can't hear.

"I heard you", he pointed trying to tickle her. She's starts to laugh. "We're not watching that Sky, it doesn't even make any sense", I say to Sky knowing she means cocomelon.

I never watched it as a kid and I had no plans for my children to watch it either. I just think it's one show that takes all of the cartons us adults watched as children and put it into one show. A waste of time. Sky sighs. What the hell she is only two.

"Encanto, let's watch Encanto", Zane cheered. Sky got excited.

Encanto was probably the only show other than sing, the two could agree on and even though I've watched it a number of times because of them, I didn't have a problem with watching it again after all it was a good and I loved it. I had always enjoyed watching cartoons from a young girl, I never grew out of it.

All snuggled up, the three of us, eating snacks with the blankets covering us. The movie started. "This is my favorite part", Zane said. "You say this about every part besides it barely started", I replied.

"Shh, I can't hear", Sky said in her baby voice. My phone started ringing. "Mom! We can't hear", Zane exclaimed and Sky nodded.

"Okay fine, I'll be back", I quickly hurried out of the family movie theater.

"Hello my love", I answer the phone. "Hi, did you guys eats anything", he asked.

"Well other than popcorn and snacks, no. I was gonna cook but I was waiting for you", I replied.