Chapter 23

SAKURA POV

dad and I eventually get home and we lounge on the couch for a bit, watching a random movie that he had found.

"Soooo?" He asks looking over at me.

I look back at him confused. "What?"

"Don't 'what?' Me what weren't you and Yami talkin about earlier"

I blush a bit. "N-nothing" I said "he was just checking in on me"

"Aaaand?"

"That's it"

"Pfff that's a load of bologna" he says with a grin. "I've noticed how you two were looking at each other"

I hid my face in my hands and mumble a response.

"What was that?"

"He asked me out on an date"

He breaks out in a big smile. "About fricking time" he says "its painful watchin you two, knowin ya like each other"

I look at him slightly embarrassed. "Were we really that obvious"

"Yup" he replied. "So when's the date?"

"This Saturday" I replied "I have no idea what he has planned"

"Ya need help picking out an outfit? Or we can go shopping if you wanna"

I ponder the shopping idea a bit. "Can we invite yuugi, Ryou, and Marik? They're the only real friends I got right now"

"Sure" he says "you wanna tell Seto or should I?"

"I will" I said standing up and stretching "I'm Shute he knew we'd be getting together eventually anyway"

"True, he's probably up in his office"

I make my way to the stairs. "Do t be surprised if there is any yelling" I said with a smirk

Joey laughs "got it"

I then go upstairs and down the hall coming up to the office and lightly knock letting him know it's me. I open the door and poke my head in.

"Papa?" I ask "you busy?"

He looks up from his computer screen and gives me a small smile. "Sakura" he says "everything okay?"

I nod as I take a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"I wanted to let you know that I'm going on a date this Saturday" I said playing with the hem of my skirt.

I look up at Seto and see him kinda frozen. "Papa" I said waving my hand in front of his face.

He snaps out of his trance and blinks for a few seconds.

"Sorry" he says "could you please repeat that?"

"I said I have a date this Saturday"

"With who?"

"Yami

He sighs. "I definitely saw this coming" he said and he smiles at me. "He cares about you"

I blush and nod

"You have an outfit?"

"Daddy Joey suggested shopping at some point and we're gonna invite yuugi, ryou and Marik"

He nods. "Let me know if you need anything"

"Your not upset?" I ask

"No" he says "I trust that yami will treat you well and despite our differences I can see that he makes you happy"