Chapter 28

YAMI POV

After we get back to land Kaiba insists of taking us back to his estate so he can have one of his doctors look us over. Knowing there was no point in arguing given the situation agree and he calls who I'm assuming is his driver.

I look as sakura who was half asleep in my arms and she smiles tiredly.

"Well It's been an eventful weekend hasn't it?" She says

I give her a small laugh and I kiss her forehead. "That it has" I said "you get some rest love, you'll be home soon"

She closes her eyes and her smile starts to fade as she drifts off to sleep. "I'm always home with you"

I blush slightly and softly smile at the girl in my arms.

'How did I get so lucky'

"Moto" said Kaiba walking up to us.

"Kaiba" I said "thank you for saving us, I'm afraid of what would have happened if you didn't show up"

He nods and looks at Sakura and I see his features soften slightly. "Thank you for saving her" he says "we would have been devastated if you weren't there to save her"

I nod back and give him a playful smirk. "That's twice now you've thanked me" I said "are we becoming friends?"

He scoffs and sends me a quick smirk. "Don't get ahead of yourself moto"

I chuckle a bit then I hear the sound of a car approaching knowing it was our ride home.

Kaiba's driver steps out of the car and opens the door allowing me to slip in with Sakura followed by the other three.

"Home now" said kaiba before rolling up the window.

I roll my eyes at his bluntness and look out the window as we pull away from the beach.

'I'll bring her back when she's ready'

"Is Sakura okay?" Asked Mokuba looking at Sakura and she slept.

"She will be fine just a bit tired" I said confidently. "She's a tough one"

He gives me a kind smile and nods.

I look over at joey who was leaning against kaiba with their hands linked together and I smile softly before looking back out the window.

'She's safe' i thought to myself 'and the next time I see tea she will pay tenfold'

~~~~ Timeskip~~~~~

We all get to the Kaiba estate and  kaiba has me follow him with Sakura and I just listen and follow the tall male up the stairs and into a bedroom with whites and blues everywhere on the bed I noticed a plush sea turtle and I instantly realized it was sakuras room.

Walking to the bed I gently lay her down and sit on the edge next to her, not wanting to leave her now.

"A doctor will be in shortly to look you two over" said kaiba. "Let her sleep til then"

I nod and he leaves the room leaving me and sakura alone. Leaning my head against the headboard I look at the ceiling then briefly close my eyes till I heard a light knock on the door.

I quietly walk over and open it to see an older woman wearing a lab coat.

"Hello dearie" she said kindly "I'm doctor ume, Mr kaiba sent me to look you and miss Sakura over"

"Ah yes" I said stepping aside "please come in"

The lady wobbles in and I close the door behind her and follow her to the bed.