Chapter 25

SAKURA POV

Saturday came by quickly as soon enough and here I am trying to get ready for the date with Yami.

I accidentally overslept and got up a bit later than I planned so I felt like I had to rush to get ready.

Oh my Gosh oh my Gosh oh my Gosh I thought to myself as I pace around my room towel drying my hair as I grabbing a pair of black sandals from the closet to go with the dress I got.

There's a small knock on my bedroom door halting my pacing.

"Who is it?"

"It's just me and Seto" said Joey through the door.

I walk over to the door, towel still in hand and open it letting the two in.

"Sorry if it's a mess" I said "I overslept now I feel rushed so everything is everywhere"

Joey chuckled and Seto just waves it off. "I can have someone clean up while you're gone.

"Thank Seto" I said disappearing into my bathroom and coming out with a hairbrush trying to get the knots out of my hair.

Joey sees me struggling and motions me over and reaches for the brush.

I give him the brush and sit on the floor in front of him and he gently starts brushing my hair undoing the tangled mess.

It reminds me of my mom I thought to myself as small tears prick my eyes as I remembered the days when I was a child.

"You ok sakura?"asked Seto with concern as he kneels on the floor in front of me "you're crying"

I feel Joey stop brushing and I looked at him and Seto with confusion and reached up and touched my cheek. Sure enough they were wet with tears on both sides. I wipe them away and a few more came after.

"S-sorry *hic I just remembered my mom *hic and when she used to brush my hair" I said ad I started crying. "The way Joey does it is just like *hic how she used to do it"

Seto pulls out a handkerchief and wipes my face. "Don't be sorry" he said softly "that just means you have positive memories about her"

I nod and Joey finishes up my hair and clips it to the side with a black burette. I turn around and hug him in thanks before the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it" said Seto standing up "you finish getting ready"

"Thank you Seto" I said with a small smile.

Then he turns around leaving me and Joey in my room.

"You sure you're ok?" He asks as I get up off the floor and go to the bathroom to put on some makeup.

"I am" I replied "that was a good cry, I will always miss my parents and I'll always have my memories with them"

Joey nods and I finish up my makeup. I walk out of the bathroom and do a small twirl. "This look okay?" I ask "I don't want to look desperate"

Joey laughs and shakes his head. "You look fine" he replies "Yami isn't gonna be able to take his eyes off ya"

I blush at the comment and grab my little black backpack. "Then I'm ready to go"

He puts his elbow out fro me to take. "Come my lady" he says "your knight awaits"

I just laugh as we leave the room to go greet Yami.