Chapter 12

SAKURA'S POV

As we walked to class I began to feel my anxiety levels rise as I noticed all the people watching us as we made our way down the hallway.

I grab onto Joey's arm and hide my face from the crowd and I try to calm down.

"You okay," asked Joey quietly as he places a gentle hand on my arm.

I just nod as I kept my face hidden.

'I'm okay' I thought 'I think".

JOEY'S POV

I watched with worry at Sakura as she struggled to keep calm as we were on our way to class. She was balling her hands into tight fists.

I looked over at Seto and saw the worried expression in his eyes as well.

"Are you sure?" I asked her, "you don't have to do this if you're not ready.

She shakes her head. "If I don't go through with it now I never will."

'Damn she's stubborn' I thought to myself as a smile slightly. 'Just like us'

We get to class and we all take a seat near the window with Seto next to Sakura and me behind her, so she'll have a bit of comfort knowing we're there.

I watch as the rest of the class walks in, including yugi and the rest of the gang.

"Guys over here" I said as I waved at them

They all came over and took the seats near us. I noticed Yami's face light up slightly when he saw Sakura sitting in classroom.

'Interesting' I thought with an internal smirk

"Hi you guys" said yugi with a smile. "How are you guys?"

"We're okay" I replied "just trying to get through today".
The small tri-colored teen nods and looks at Sakura who was next to Seto. "Good morning, sakura" he said calmly as he tries not to scare her.
"H-hi" she says quietly
"Are you going to be i our classes?"
She nods. "S-seto said that he made sure I had classes with at least one of them"
Everyone nods in understanding.
"Just know that you can come to us too if you need any help" said Yami politely, which makes her blush a bit.
'Boy' I thought 'my shipping side is about to come out and say hi' I mentally face palmed myself 'i sound like a teenage girl'
The bell rings signaling to head to homeroom.
"Well we better head to class" I said as I start walking "the tech will have my head if I'm late again."
"How often are you late, joey?" Asked sakura quietly.
I blush with embarrassment as my friends snicker behind me.
"Yes Joey" said seto with an amused smirk "just how often are you usually late?"
"S-shut up money bags" I grumble as I hade my face and storm to the class room.
I hear sakura laugh a bit making my heart soar a bit at the sound.
'I'll endure the embarrassment for her in order to hear that sound again' I thought as we all made our way to the first part of hell for the day.