Chapter 27

SAKURA POV

I watched as everyone was enjoying themselves. Tristen and Duke were barbecuing, Joey and yuugi were in the water and Yami was lying next to me leaning back on his elbows.

I close my eyes as a nice breeze blows over and I let out a relaxed sigh.

"We're definitely going to have to do this again sometime" I said "I think I found another favorite place to go"

Yami chuckles slightly and he sits up and nudges me slightly. "We'll have plenty of opportunities to come back" he said.

I lean against him and lay my head on his shoulder. "I hope so"

I feel him kiss the top of my head and he stands up and offers me his hand. "Didn't you say earlier you wanted to put your feet in the water?"

I smile and take his hand allowing him to easily pull me up and I kick off my sandals before we head towards the water.

We walk up just as the water resides and we wait for the next wave to pass over our feet.

"I'm glad to xconvinced me to come" I said "if I stuck with my insecurity I wouldn't be here today"

"You know I wouldn't have come knowing you were upset"

"I know bu-EEEK!" I let out a squeal as the cold water sweeps over my feet making my jump a bit.

I hear Yami start chuckling before bursting out laughing.

"It's not funny" I said with a pout. "It's cold"

He doesn't stop so an idea pops in my head.

With a grin I bend down to touch the water and splash him.

He immediately stops laughing and looks at me as water drips from his face and I see a devious glint in his eyes.

'Oh crap' i thought before I'm suddenly met with a splash of his own. "Oh it's on"

We then start a splash fight that the others soon join in on some of us teaming up against Yami.

"Traitor" yells yami through the splashing

"I love you too" i replied not letting up on the splashing. Next thing I know I'm tackled and I land my butt in the water and Yami on top of me.

I look up at him and pout. "That was rude sir" I said

He laughs again and kisses me. "Sorry love" he said "but you started this"

I splash him again before getting up and shiver. "I'm going to go sit down in the sun for a bit" I said "I'm freezing"

He nods and helps me out of the water until he's tackles by yuugi and Joey who drag him back into the water.

I giggle and make my way to our spot and drag my towel into the sun and sit down, watching the group play.

My attention is drawn away when I hear my phone ringing and I go to my bag and pull it out. Looking at the caller ID and didn't recognize the number so I answer it.

"Hello?" I said politely

"Sakura?" Said a girls voice "it's me tea"

I tense up as I hear the name and glance over at Yami who was both watching but also paying attention to Joey and yuugi.

"W-what do you want tea?" I ask shakily

"I- I wanted to apologize for how I've treated you lately" she said "can you meet up with me alone?"

She sounds sincere I thought but what if she's lying

"Sakura?" She asks

"Alright" I said "where do you want me to meet you?"