Chapter 3

JOEY'S POV

I took a deep breath as I readied myself to relive my past.

'I promised I'd tell her' I thought

I feel a warm hand grab mine and I look over at Seto with a small smile.

'I'll be okay, I have Seto here to help me'

Taking a deep breath I look at Sakura.

"A few years ago before I started living with Seto...."

•FLASHBACK•

"YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT!" Yelled dad as he kicked me."YOU CAN''T KEEP A FUCKING JOB AND YOU DECIDE ITS OKAY TO STAY OUT AS LONG AS YOU FUCKING WANT!"

I curl into a ball as he kicks me. "I-I'm sorry" I cried.

Dad takes a swing of a bottle of alcohol he found in the house. "I SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED YOUR ASS" he said "IF I HAD JUST KILLED YIUR ASS IN THE BEGINNING YOUR MOTHER WOULD STILL BE HERE AND NOT 6 FEET UNDER LIKE YOUR SISTER!"

"THAT WASN'T MY FAULT!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face.

SMACK!

He suddenly slaps me before grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and pulls me close to his face.

"Don't talk to me like that boy" he growls before punching me and slamming me back into the floor.

I let out a scream as he suddenly brings his bottle onto my leg.

"Clean this mess up" he says as he leaves me broken and bruised.

I slowly sit up and lean against the wall as tears poured down my face.

'Why can I just die?'

•FLASHBACK PAUSE•

"You wanted to die?" Asked Sakura

I wipe away a few tears and nod. "My pops would beat me all day everyday if he could for even the smallest of reasons"

"Why didn't you ever leave?"

I shrugged. "I didn't have anywhere else to go"

"So how did you get away from him?"

"Well..."

•FLASHBACK CONTINUED•

I was walking through the halls at school, trying my best it to run into anyone, since my wounds still hurt from the activities from the previous night.

'I just have to make it through the day and I can just go home'

My thoughts are interrupted when I accidentally bumped into someone sending me to the ground with a wince.

"Hey watch where ya goin!"

"I could say the same to you, you pathetic mutt"

I looked up and into the blue eyes of my crush/rival Seto Kaiba.

I just roll my eyes and get onto my feet with grimaces of pain.

"What has the dog lost its bite?"

I glance at him tiredly. "Not today money bags" I said "I'm not in the mood to deal with you" I go to walk away and he roughly grabs my arm making cry out.

He jerks his hand away in shock and confusion as I grabbed my arm as I begin to feel the cuts reopen.

"What the hell is wrong with you mutt?"