Lost in Language

Disclaimer: this will mostly be focused on Jack and Luz as Eda is in this story better equipped to handle children.

it was another day in the boiling isle's in the Owl house Luz was reading one of her Azura books to King. while reciting a line from the book she swoons.

King: Luz your getting all swoony.

Luz: i cant help it Azura is able to befriend everyone even her rival i wish had that kind of power.

King: rivals are meant to be obliterated not befriended, now keep reading you sucked me into your awful fandom.

Luz: ok "suddenly the door swung open"

immediately after that Hooty swung open.

Hooty: package at the door!

King: the book has come to life burn it!

Luz goes to the door to find the package is a basket with a blanket covering something she picks it up and brings it over to the kitchen where Eda is.

Luz: Eda you got a package it's in a gift basket.

Eda: ah offering's no doubt, perks of being the most powerful witch on the boiling isle's.

y/n: that or someone got the wrong address.

King pulls up the blanket to reveal a baby.

King: mmm fresh meat.

Luz: nope not eating that.

Eda: eating babies is so 1693, what is this?

King: there's a note.

King rips off the note from the basket.

King: "take care of my child 'til morning yi yi"

Eda: nope not taking care of some stranger's kid.

King: "you will be handsomely rewarded xoxoxox signed the Bat Queen".

Eda: Bat Queen? Reward?

Luz: who's the Bat Queen?

Eda: she's the wealthiest demon on the boiling isles, work with her and you set for life.

y/n: surprised you didn't do business with her before.

Eda: I'm a wanted criminal cant exactly just walk over to her house now can i.

Eda: just watch this little guy for a few hours, easy money.

y/n: helps that were parents.

Eda: right? imagine trying to babysit without some experience with kids.

Luz: our greatest adventure yet learning of love and life through a Childs eyes.

Eda: not you, you have to return the books i checked out at the library.

Eda summons the books and they fall into Luz's hands.

Eda: i don't want her getting a cut of the loot.

King: good thinking.

y/n just chuckles.

Eda: alright lets just set this little guy in the living room.

Eda: Jack get down here.

Jack comes down from his room.

Jack: what is it?

y/n: Luz is taking your mom's books back to the library.

Eda: we are taking care of the Bat Queen's kid for a few hours, so i want you to help Luz with the books and when your done with that you and her can spend some time together eh?