Enchanting Grom Fright

we open up on the owl house in which Luz has discovered another glyph, the glyph for plant magic.

judging from the crumbled paper around her a few attempts were less than successful, but after closely analyzing the glyph on the flower and drawing it on the paper she presses it and from it a flower sprouts and blooms.

Luz: check it out King my glyph skills are blossoming.

King: you think that's impressive check this out, two warriors battling to the death!

it was actually some cat videos that King was watching on Luz's phone.

Luz: i see were getting enough wi-fi through the portal for cat videos.

King: senseless violence yes attack! death is your god!

Luz: i regret teaching you about the internet.

King: what possible regrets could come from the internet, oh did you know that earth is actually flat.

Luz takes the phone away from King.

Luz: yep that's not right.

at that moment Luz gets a text from Camila asking her how camp is, which makes Luz quite nervous and after multiple attempts at giving an actual message she just gives her a thumbs up emoji.

Luz: good enough.

King: ah a severed hand, perfect response.

Luz: what am i supposed to say? " hey mom not at camp actually i'm in the demon realm learning to be a witch, also did you know demons and magic are real" she will end me.

King: eh she'd be freaked out by our world anyway, so by not telling her your doing her a favor.

Luz: hm the demon at my shoulder has a point.

King: always trust a shoulder demon.

Hooty then swing the door open telling Luz to get ready for school.

Hooty: hoot hoot Luz, it's time for you to fill that pretty little head with delicious knowledge.

and then Hooty throws up some books.

Gus: please hurry.

Willow: the more i look at him the more uncomfortable i get.

Luz: heh heh, don't spend all day watching YouTube King.

Luz then walks off to school.

King: i forge my own path!

we cut to Hexside where the teachers are setting up decorations for a special day, likely something spooky given all the decorations look like something you'd find in a shopping mall or convenience store in October.

Jack and Dan were there just standing around looking at all the decorations getting put up.

Luz: something's different today, did everybody get a hair cut?

Willow: oh yea i forgot you've never been here for the social event of the season.

Gus was about to say the name but some people in costumes interrupted that by rushing to some kid telling him that he was sick and the only cure was asking someone out to Grom Hexside's version of prom, the kid asked out Skara in what was certainly a staged and elaborate ask out.

Luz: you guys have a weird version of prom on the boiling isles, i was kicked out of my prom for dressing like an otter but maybe i can be your Grom queen.

Jack and Dan then decided to cut in on the conversation.

Jack: me and my cousin here would strongly advise not pursuing that.