Witches Before Wizards

as Luz was sleeping she was reliving the events that happened last night and then she woke up.

Luz: it wasn't a dream!

and proceeded to give a good morning to the world which a kraken thing returned hugged King who protested before giving up and went into the bathroom in order to get ready but karate chopped Hooty on accident who just wanted to wish her a good morning and Luz promptly apologized.

after doing her thing Luz went through a wardrobe in order to get witch clothes and when she did she waited for Eda who promptly got out of bed with y/n in tow wearing her sleepwear while y/n had his signature suit on.

Luz: Eda the owl lady i am ready for my first day in witch apprenticeship.

Eda just got spiders out of her hair before saying.

Eda: who are you?

which caused Luz's world to shatter and followed the two of them to the kitchen where King and Jack were to jog Eda's memory.

Luz: you have to remember we started a prison riot defeated the evil warden you got your head cut off.

Eda: sheesh calm down kid i didn't even have my cup of apple blood yet.

Luz: you mean apple juice?

Eda: no.

and then Luz rapid fired her questions.

Luz: teach me some spells do i get my own magic staff? did i have to bring my own runes? do you have a magical quest for me?

Eda: whoa slow down kid being a witch doesn't come overnight also your wearing a bathrobe and the dirtiest traffic cone i have ever seen.

y/n: why do you have traffic cones in here again?

Eda: there just random junk i have nowhere else to put.

Luz then blows the dust off the cone causing King to laugh.

Eda: so a magic staff huh you really want one?

Luz: more than anything!

Eda: magic staff come to me.

the sound of the staff bumping and crashing into anything and everything is heard as flies to Eda.

y/n: i'll clean that up later.

the staff then flies to Eda smacking her before she gets a hand on it.

Eda: it's early. most witches get their staffs from school but you and Jack who is very much ahead of you will get it differently.

Eda then grabs a bag of potions.

Eda: you have to earn it.

Eda: i run a few businesses on weekends i sell rare human treasures that owlbert brings from your world.

y/n: mostly random junk like that toy sword over there but we do get a few gems here and there besides the poor suckers eat this stuff up like hotcakes so who am i to complain.

Eda: but most days i only sell the finest homemade potions one can buy.

y/n: basically guaranteed quality aid charged at half the price anyone else would sell them.

Luz takes a look at one of the potions.

Luz: snake oil?

Eda: no one wants an un-oiled snake.

y/n: there is a joke there but i am to tired and it's too early.

  Eda: follow me.

they walked to the balcony.