• Ch 22

Renjun and Hyunji stopped talking when they heard his name get called

"Looks like you're up first." She said to him.
"I'm sure you're next. She was calling the names out yesterday by pairs." Renjun said as he grabbed his drawing from his bag before walking up to the front.

He stood there, waiting for the teacher to give him the sign that it was okay for him to start talking.
"Alright class be quiet." Mrs Choi said before telling him to start.

"Oh, okay." Renjun had one hand holding the piece of paper while his other was in his pants pocket.
When he turned the paper over, Hyunji looked at it in awe. He was such an amazing artist.
That's when she remembered that what he drew, was what he thought represented her.
For some reason she was feeling a little nervous.

"Well first, I guess I should say this is just a whole bunch of flowers." Renjun said as he looked at his drawing. "Pretty cliché right? I know. But each flower has its own meaning to it though. I'll go one by one. You're welcome." He cleared his throat as he heard some class mates laughing and some wondering what he meant.

"Hm. First I guess I'll start with this red and white flower. It's called a carnation. uh... the colors mean something as well. A red carnation means a lot of stuff, but the main word I wanted to focus on is admiration. I obviously didn't know Hyunji well when we first started this project but when I got to know her more, I've realized how hard she tries when she wants to learn something she doesn't understand. It's pretty cool I guess when I watch her try her hardest so... that's why I added red." He took a peak at Hyunji and noticed how she was staring at him.

He looked back at the paper. "Then there's white. Again it means a lot of things, but the main reason is because of how it represents sweet and lovely. Now, I don't know about that whole lovely part, but Hyunji is indeed very sweet. Especially to kids. I guess you can say that's another reason why I picked the red flower that means admiration." He said, the last part coming off more of him talking to himself.

"Uhm, enough about that flower." He pointed at another one. "This is an iris. Pretty isn't it? Oh but that's obviously not the reason why I drew it—"

People in the class started laughing while Hyunji rolled her eyes, yet she went back to focusing on what renjun was saying.

"Iris means something like... your friendship means so much to me." He said.
He didn't think that when he said that, he'd feel some heat rise up in his ears.
"Uh... it also means stuff like faith and hope. I don't know. I just see Hyunji as an pretty cool friend so." He shrugged. "And the faith hope thing just sounds cool so I'll keep that in."

Everyone in the room was in awe.
Well not everyone.
Some were jealous.
I mean the Huang Renjun was talking so highly about a girl who they don't like at all.

"There's one last thing on here." He looked at the paper. "Ah yes, a garlic."
That's when some people started laughing while Hyunji raised a brow in confusion.
Adding a garlic is such a renjun thing to do.